1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starter Cables Upgrade To 900ss Ie

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ducatijones, Jun 27, 2015.

1. IMG_0845.JPG Just fitted prototype upgrade cables for battery to solenoid, solenoid to starter and the main earth from battery to engine earth point as supplied by Stuart of Exact.
    I gave Stuart the dimensions etc for him to produce this first set for the 900ss IE model.
    Battery to solenoid and main earth cables piggy back the existing cables. Solenoid to starter is direct replacement.
    Quality and fit of these cables is excellent.
    Bike started immediately first press.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Air con..anyone?

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Would ie cables be different from carbie??

4. Very nice, will they be the same for the 1996 SS ? How can I purchase them , Will the proto go into mass production ?

5. @Exige

6. You do aircon? :Wideyed:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I will need guidance on this as unfortunately I don't have every Ducati :( someone will know on here :)

8. They will be in production and available soon, a couple of weeks at a guess. Anyone know if the earlier models are the same? It is likely but if not I will be covering these going forward too.
    Did you see the 999/749 cables I launched last week:
    For Sale - 999 749 Exact Start - Electric Cable Kits | Ducati Forum

9. for what it's worth I built my ssie hybrid using the ie wiring loom with ss carby frame, battery box etc. so I think you'd be good to go.

to clarify, relevant injection parts fitted to carby frame: std wiring loom, airbox and battery tray, and the injected lump. I didn't need to modify the wiring loom to fit.

if you'd like measurements or pictures just ask.

#9 WAH900ss, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Thanks, that's good to know :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. How I wish these had been available when I had my SS.
    I never felt confident that it would start at all, never mind easily...
    No such problems with the 999, now I have a cable kit.
    Hit the button and it bursts into life - perfect... :)

12. Exige, put me down for a set (carby 900SS)
    . Thanks.

13. I'll PM you when they are in :upyeah: should be about a week, 2 max.

• Like Like x 1
  14. bought the tools and made my own cables up a few years ago

huge improvement in starting

15. Bought some starter cables off Exige for my 1996 900SS, really good quality and big improvement over standard. Also bought a coil pack off him but not had chance to fit yet. image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have the motoelectric kit on my 999.
    I would definitely buy the Exact Start ones now though, these weren't available when I bought mine.
    The motoelectric kit is a pain to fit, as the cables are so thick and the terminals don't fit properly either.
    They are also seriously expensive to import.
    The results are brilliant though.
    Teamed up with a new Yuasa, the bike has gone from a reluctant starter that always felt as though it might let me down to instant starting and totally reliable.

#18 Old rider, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
Do Not Sell My Personal Information