1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£500 On Ladies Watch

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Used, what’s the best value brands? Been looking at omega but values vary from £25-900 for what looks like and is described as the same!

Would like something that will last well, can be serviced and keeps a bit of value :)

2. Okay, where to start ? Chrono vs quartz, metal/leather strap, square/oblong/round face, arabic/roman numerals, face colour and so it goes on. Watchfinder.com has a very attractive Longines quartz in your bracket. Andy

3. Baume and Mercier have some quite nice looking medium sized watches, for ladies.

4. My Omega has doubled in value in the last 16 years!
    Get yourself down to a dealer like Goldsmiths and get one on 0% finance; our local is selling all Omegas on 0%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg These are nice other colours are available

6. I was looking at them on goldsmiths and thought that was an idea too

7. I have an Omega and have enjoyed it for a little over 30 years. I had the full service last December for 350, which isn't too bad at a tenner per year. Its been worn a fair amount -though not everyday- and still looks like new. My local jeweler & watch-smith says its worth twice what I paid for it though I take that with a pinch of salt. Totally recommended.

8. I only say Omega because other premium brands that will increase in value, such as Breitling and Rolex, start at way over the odds. Although an Omega will be more expensive than your £500 budget, getting it on 0% will make it more affordable, if you see what I mean. You might want to try a TAG as they could be in budget too.

I would stay away from any other "unknown" make as you won't be sure of future value. Even my Bell & Ross isn't worth half of what I paid for it now!

9. A mates daughter has a job at one of the jewellers, may be goldsmiths, and as soon as she passed probation he was down there for 'her' 40% discount on a 5k omega...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't know if they are still as cheap as they used to be....
    But there is a Tag outlet at Bicester Village, was the only factory outlet in the U.K. At one point - I bought mine for £350 - next day they were still selling same model in Aylesbury for £1200

Just worth checking, but haven't been there for some time

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tight ass

I'll have a Master Chronograph in stainless ta muchly

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. A nice tag is £1k
    I been looking still wanting a breitling :)

13. TBH its not me on this one. If I pitch up with a watch costing a grand plus, she won't be happy.... kitchen would be shouted. A lot o_O:worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Oris possibly ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Go pre-owned, I've used these in the past and some are even unworn:

https://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I bought my missus a Breitling Callisto used about 10 years ago. Lovely size watch, accurate n gone up in value.
    Similar to this one
    75ACD220-30F0-4F4D-8EF7-18BB9591D9C5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information