1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£6k - 7.5k Budget... What To Buy??

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ben Mallinson, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Afternoon All,

So, I'm pondering and passively looking / watching the market as we all do... Have a a pot of cash to work with / in mind as stated in the thread title and wouldn't mind putting it in to another Ducati. Coming in under budget obviously isn't a problem either ;)

I am slowly expanding our collection of Ducati's which will get rotated out of the stable for use as bike seasons come and go in order to limit the mileage accumulating on any particular one...

As many of you will know, we already have a Monster 796, 1198 base model and Tricolore in the stable. Due to this, I think I have narrowed the current pondering down to the following:

- 9*6 series
    - 848 Streetfighter

Larger capacity streetfighters in this budget seem to be a bit higher mileage than I'd like on one and the larger capacity superbikes will hold better residual value hopefully...

I'm open to other suggestions also, but hoping to encourage some discussion off where would you be putting your money and why?

• Like Like x 1
  2. An old 350 or 450 Desmo or Scrambler, reason I love the old singles, fun to ride and shouldn't loose and money.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I know. Plus he's seen it and what it can do. It's a win-win situation :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. personally id go carby 900 ss. be under budget and great bikes to look at/ride or an sl at top end of budget.
    or a nice 749s/999

or et's scrambler!

#6 chizel, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'd go 916 or 748 if was me get one before they go bonkers money.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Probably a 916 or 996 for me, Ben

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. you guys think the 916 range will go up sooner or more than the ss?
    I hope so as I want to buy more ss's!
    tbh I want more 748's also...
    its not too confusing though as I don't have the money for either!

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. You won't lose money if it's a nice well cared for bike, values generally drop then rise, clean, decent mileage, serviced, Ducati you won't lose, don't think too long and hard never know what is round the corner health wise just one and enjoy it...personally I think you already have the one....1198

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hypermotard are reasonable money at the moment. Nice 1100 Evo SP maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  10. true that. I think they are cool and for some reason cheap (ish) for the amount of bike/fun you'd get.

11. Just buy one I meant...scramblers are pretty cool too
    and will go up, like those 821 sp ones low seat low seat if possible is that what robarano circumnavigated the globe for?

12. I’d go for either a 996 or 999s, better than money in a ISA

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Or add a bit more and get another 1198 maybe say in white! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. or Cooksters SPS? :thinkingface:

15. He'd need a quite a bit more for the sps.:upyeah:

16. :eek:

17. No, I merely circumnavigated the UK to get a regular seat model Hyperstrada. o_O

18. 848 streetfighter all the way.....now where would one exactly like this be for sale I wonder?? _PJP2910-3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information