1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale £85k Rotary

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by WAH900ss, Nov 1, 2021.

• Like Like x 2
  1. Wonder if it comes with a fuel gauge?

2. That's "from" £85,000. Too little information on the web site. I want to know service intervals, refresh intervals, spares and servicing infrastructure and running costs. That £85k is probably only half of the ownership costs. Rich man's toy. How successful was the most recent Suter, was it a 500cc stroker ? Andy
    Edited, the bike I was thinking of is a Suter not a Mugen.

#3 Android853sp, Nov 1, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  3. Service intervals were quite high I thought I'd read, something like a full season racing before even needing to do anything if I recall :thinkingface:

4. Nice, wish I had £85k...

5. What’s that 1700bhp per tonne ?

I can already smell hospital

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. If i had the funds i’d be stood at his unit door in anticipation.
    Just to experience that spine tingling howling motor ( well maybe 2/3 of it!) before the dinosaur juice runs out!…….
    Unobtainable for me but a drop in the ocean for many :weary_face:

7. Beautiful, and makes me proud of our little Island that we turn this stuff out of glorified huts.

However, I am saddened that, the no doubt limited number of units will be snapped up by speculators and investors and spend their time in a glass box on the 34th floor of a London finance house.

• Like Like x 3
  8. True. I remember when the desmo was released in 2006ish??? I saw one in Ducati Lincoln. With the eye watering £40k sticker on it. I asked if they’d sold any. Salesman had sold 3 that morning to a London business man. One for track days, one for road riding and yep, one for his office display.

• Like Like x 1
  9. What a bastard....unless he's on here, in which case, hello, do you have children? If not I'm available for adoption :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Eventually that how Ducati want all their bikes to be sold. If you hadnt noticed theyre promoting the 'brand' as high end. Ultimately that will mean all the good stuff will go to waste, why we get stuck with scramblers.

Trouble is, Ducati hasnt figured out that 'high end' also means quality. Bits that dont fall off, engines that dont burn your crackers, materials that do not crack/break/leak and heaven forbid perhaps bikes that even actually win stuff.

I dont buy all this high end nonsense. Ive seen the shite plastic, the crap chains, the crappy materials, the shitty screws/bolts that rust as soon as you sneeze on them. The god awful fairing fixing designs that often mean broken tangs etc. Speedos that perennially crack etc.

So yes, high end. As long as you park them in your office and never use the things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Totally agree with this bit. Removing fairings, seats, switchgear etc you realise the truly shocking (err, shite) standard of fittings and fixtures. Mass produced injection molded switch housings are utter crap. Anyone who has an engineering day job will understand this...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ducati seem to think charging people more for their bikes whilst relying solely upon historical kudo's is the way to earn a high end status. It isnt. If you call yourself 'cool', then you are not. They arent putting this profit into the bikes, theyre putting it into shareholders pockets.

Take a look at the finishing and materials on the new Triumphs. Then compare them to those on our Ducatis. Ducati is spar quality with waitrose pricing.

13. If you think ducatis are bad, have a good look at the gen 4 BMW’s

Makes my Suzuki look Gucci as fuck

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. That’s true as well. That gen4 is a peach of an engine with shite stuck all around it. Mind to be fair I’d say most of your dough on a modern superbike is in the engine. Or the R&D for it….

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mate has one. An S1000rr and frankly in places its positively archaic. The plastics are so cheap and tacky and theres lots of it. It must be a German thing as KTM suffers from this too. (Lets face it, Ducati is more German thesedays). As for that subframe. ffs I could knock a better one up in my shed.

• Funny Funny x 1

16. The bike fits me amazingly. I’d be first in line to buy one if they could sort out their quality issues

• Like Like x 1
  17. For me to have this bike and be safe it would have to have anti-start, never mind anything else...

18. Interesting, I had the S1r and thought quality was good. Certainly for fasteners and exhaust...esp if compared to Ducati. Not sure, mine was either a 2nd or 3rd year of production bike, what has maybe changed?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information