1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 -1 On Front Sprocket, Anyone Done This Mod?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Perc, May 11, 2018.

1. V4S due in soon, and im thinking of going down -1 tooth on the front sprocket, as i dont really need the 190mph top end

Has anyone fitted a smaller front sprocket (-1) to a V4, any probs with chain rub etc?
    Cheers Perc

2. What if you're going to get overtaken :worried:

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. I’d do at least the first 600 miles before deciding on doing anything. Top speed is a function of throttle opening, if you don’t want to go fast, don’t use full throttle. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Desmoworld lighter sidestand pin. +0.00003hp #everylittlehelps

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. thanks for the constructive replies..... :rolleyes:

6. Fair point.

I think not many people, if any, would have done this yet for two reasons:

1) there doesn't seem to be a Ducati performance part for it and so why risk warranty for something that....
    ...2) isn't going to make a whole load of difference on a bike like this in a real world/road scenario.

An instance where you're going to need any extra oompf (-1 tooth or otherwise) would be in a track battle for a competition bike where you have exhausted all other options - I would imagine. Non pro riders looking to better their open track day times, I would say without wishing to insult your riding at all mate, as I dont know you, the V4S is likely quicker than all of us can handle put together.

7. Having rode one a few days ago I dont think you would need change the gearing. The 1199 Panigale definitely benefited from an extra tooth or two at the rear to make it like the R and run the common road speeds and track corners at higher revs in a better part of the power band but I think the gearing on the V4 feels like it is already about right and similar to the 1199R anyhow.

#7 Monners, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I’d definitely wait to ride it for a while first. I was waltzing past S1000RRs out of bends on the track at the weekend so, while you might not need 190mph top speed, I’m not sure you’ll need much more acceleration either! As Heedful said, if you’re a proper race warrior, then maybe, but for us mortals....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information