1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 Octane?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Craig Lynn, Jan 30, 2018.

1. I have acess to sunoco 100, could i put half 91 half 100 in my tank? Yea cali dosent have 93...

2. Also can somebody tell me if the touring setting on the motard gives me better gas mileage? The light was going on after 90miles of a 4.2gal tank...im not going above 80mph

3. Yes you can but why would you buy 100 octane.
    You will gain nothing with it unless you get it for free.

Henk!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Can'the answer you octane question but on consumption, are you talking US gallons ? Seems likely you would, so your gallon is about 12% smaller than a UK gallon or about 4 litres. Power mode will affect the consumptuous and I find on my Multistrada that driving for fun, the bike is more economical in Touring. Routinely you are using smaller and shorter duration throttle openings to achieve the same performace in Urban/Enduro. The other issue is how much fuel do you have left in the tank when the light comes on ? Again on my Multistrada, I'm looking at 7 or 8 litres or nearly 2 US gallons. In your circumstances, I would expect low 40s or high 30s mpg (?). Andy

#4 Android853sp, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  5. Yes high 30s mpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information