1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000ss Swingarm On Ebay

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Nasher, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Well, I obviously can't measure it from here - but it looks like a slightly beefed up (or repaired) later carbed SS one to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Seen them go for about £500.
    I bought a crashed bike to get 1.

3. Why so sought after?

4. Very few about and much stronger design than the original ones, but as Arquebus says - it looks like a modded original one and not an 800/1000SS unit.

5. I'm sure it's a later 1000SS one.
    The Angled joint between the axle plates and main tubes is the main giveaway from the angles the images have been taken from.

Stronger, and more shapely to look at.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It looks like a genuine 1000ss or ie swingarm, you can see its curvy

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yep, I can see the curve - I only looked at it quickly to start with - had other things on my mind, I'm afraid.

8. I got about £650 for mine on here 3 months ago but it was in slightly better nick than that. You could get away with mine without polishing it but that one needs work.

500, I'd say.

9. Exactly the same as the Swing Arm on my 2003 800 SSie.

10. The 04 800 has steel arm.
    Did 03 800 get ohlins shock?

11. No Ohlins shock, Sachs Boge as standard, but I have an Ohlins from a 1000 SS. The '03 800 had a lot of stuff that the '04 on didn't have, in fact, the '04 on 800 SS is the same spec as the '03 800 S.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Now that I have had another look at the one for sale, I can see why it can have the Sachs Boge shock.

The carbed SSs had the Sachs Boge shock on the steel swingarm; but the Showa on the ally swingarm - this is because the Sachs Boge shock mounting eyes were quite a bit larger than the ones on the Showa. Fitting a Sachs Boge on the ally swingarm means the bottom eye could knock against the ally lugs and break them (as the bearings in the eyes are basically 'articulated'). This is not only in one of the Ducati Handbooks but also Ducati Italy confirmed it with me.

The swingarm for sale has nicely radiused lugs so the Sachs Boge eye probably clears the lugs whichever way it is turned on the joint.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information