1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000ssie Help With Value Please.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by dukesox, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Hi All,

We have the opportunity to buy a bit of land adjacent to our house so to raise a little money to help fund the purchase I am going to sell 2 or 3 of my bikes. One is a 1000ssie or is it 1000 super sport as it says on the manual ? Either way it has the 1000 dual spark engine and the swoopy Pierre Terblanche bodywork . These are quite rare & I have not seen any for sale recently so not sure of its value.
    It is a 2005 bike with all books, 3 keys and a full service history from PDI through to a belt service & mot last week @ just under 19k miles.
    The 1000 air cooled 2 valve engine is a beauty with noticeably more oomph than the 900 it replaced and the bike handles & rides very well too. Obviously not the horsepower to compare with serious sports bikes but nonetheless they are huge fun and cover ground quickly in the sense of its not how fast you go but how slow you dont go if you know what I mean.
    Mechanically I believe it to be excellent, cosmetically it shows some signs of its age with a few small blemishes on the paintwork and some engine peel.
    Anyway, any advice with a selling price will be much appreciated and while I expect most of you to be using cheesy wotsits as the currency du jour if some of you could also convert to GBP that would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance
    David

20190902_131830.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. IMHO with good 900ss' now pushing £4k, I'd imagine that this one would be in that sort of ball park. Though arguably a better bike; extra ccs, THAT swingarm and FI, but lacking the charisma and classic good looks of the earlier model, they may perhaps just be at the same sort of market value - based on nothing but my prejudices!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Very nice, I might be interested when you get a price.
    Feel free to PM me once you have.

#3 Carr01, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. @Carr01 Thanks , I dont seem to be able to PM you for some reason , would you like to pm me to start the conversation ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information