1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1098 1198 Speedo Replacement

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by BB1000, Jan 18, 2021.

1. How easy is it to replace the clocks on the 1198
    The screen is cracked and I have managed to get a used 1098 dash

do you need the old bikes key code?

any information appreciated
    Thanks

2. You need either the code card or a coded key from the donor bike. Speak to Mark at Scorpio Electronics as he may be able to clone your old clocks to the new.

https://www.scorpio-electronics.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  3. The code can also be extracted from the original dash. If you are the daring type, I have instructions on how to do it yourself. It will require some electronics fiddling and the purchase of some low cost parts from ebay. I am sure a service like the one mentioned above can also extract the code for you.

4. If the case of the donor clocks comes apart easy why not just change the cases over.

• Like Like x 1
  5. yeah I've been searching for a non-working dash to do this exact thing since my case is cracked but everything I see on ebay is still too expensive.

6. Thanks guys

I tried changing just the case a few years ago with a donor 848 but they were slightly different shape. I just assumed the 1198 was a newer version shape

the 848 had a slight curve in the screen where mine is completely flat so the case wouldn’t fit

• Like Like x 1
  7. If you can access the circuit board can you see a chip with 24c16 on it? It is on the side of the circuit board behind the LCD display.
    I do have the kit to read and write to this type of chip so may be able to help you.

Attached Files:

8. Awesome thanks, I haven’t got the dash yet it’s on it’s way so will let you know ASAP
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. At the time when I moved it on, yes it was.
    Your detailed posts saved me a lot of of £££,s and grief. Many thanks...
    It was the only bike of many I,ve owned I truely regret selling , thats life wha!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information