1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 Bst Carbon Fibre Swingarm

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Mary Hinge, Oct 25, 2015.

1. I've got a 1098R track bike and I've had my beady eyes on one of these for a while. Obviously 3k is a bit of a sticking point.
    Is there much to be gained from such a mod/upgrade? Its 16mm longer than standard which might help keep the front end down. A wee bit. Maybe. And its 50% lighter than standard. And erm. . . .err, y'know. . . thingy. . . . Anything else?? Oh aye, they look good...

• Like Like x 1
  2. They look nice...:Artist:

3. It's unsprung weight which will make the bike fell lighter on the move but that's a lot of wonga

4. Cheaper ways of achieving the same:
    1. Less throttle will keep the front end down
    2. Going on a crash diet may save the same weight
    3. Carbon wrap to make it look nice

Erm...or...just buy one!

5. Buy one. Then let me know your travkday itinerary next year and I will make sure I get along to have a look

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. There is one on Ebay I posted on Ebay Items last week - nearly new / as new: bit cheaper than £3K :)

7. The magnesium 916 arm is still on Ebay - been on over a year I think.

8. There was one fitted to a 1098 a Benson, mind you I think that bike had the lot on!

9. Any gains you see won't be worth £3k imo. But it's your money, spend it on what gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Whats 3k buy you these days. A night with a good hooker, a cheap cruise in the med or a carbon swingarm that means tissues are required on every visit to the garage

I'd take the hooker

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Sh~t bradders 3K hookers, you have class! hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I was seriously tempted but refrained after much umming and ahhhhing.

13. Yeah I've seen the one on eBay thanks chaps but if you look closely there are a couple of dings on it. I've inquired with HPS? See what they say tomorrow.

14. Good luck with HPS...:Banghead:

15. Holy shit, 3k on a swinger for a track bike? You'd cry bitter tears if/when it bounces itself through a gravel trap.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. You've got a point. My argument with the Mrs is she'll do 3k on a wanky sofa and a week later it's worth 200 quid. But carbon fibre loveliness and extremely fast motorbikes are always worth good dough. Kin wimin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Are they a pain in the bottom?

18. It's small change on what you have already spent. If it makes you happy and it doesn't put you and the mrs in penury for the rest of your life, JFDI and enjoy it. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 1098RS arm.png Buy a 1098RS or SF arm and have it modded. far cheaper than the CF route.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information