1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 Engine

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by J biker, Feb 20, 2018.

1. On the look out for a nice useable Ducati, maybe one that will keep its value (at least).
    Shortlisted an unmolested near mint
    Late 749s/r
    Late 999s
    or 1098s / 1098s Tricolore

The 1098 I read somewhere about major issues with bearing failures. Is this year specific, or particular production run, if so then apart from just not buying one, what to look for? Help appreciated.

2. My favourite on your list is the Tricolore,,just Love that paint design:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Trico. Yep, its top of list. Defo a looker and limited numbers. Got a feeling the 749s and 999s are hugely overpriced in truth. 999r asking price around £15k. Thats a joke.

4. yeah the prices have moved up but there still bargains to be had:upyeah::eyes:

5. :eyes:

6. The only 1098 with uprated bearings is the 1098 Streetfighter which has the 1198 bottom end. But if you ask Nelly (as an official Ducati Service Centre) how many 1098 failures he has seen of heard of it will be miniscule I think :thinkingface: @nelly

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Yep, and the 1098SF feels in a much lesser state of tune than my 1098R. :upyeah:

Maybe add this to your list @J biker they certainly aren't going down in value and are a hoot. :)

8. Get ya self an 1198!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Well, I seem to have really jumped in at the deep end! Just put a deposit on 08 Tricolor. Full Ducati history. Its had an early 15k service so dont have to worry about the big service...:eek::D

• Like Like x 6
  10. Pictures of bins to follow at a later date ;)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lol. Wife took the news of the new purchase well! Though she did say its my money and maybe I have enough bikes now...or need a bigger garage. hmmm...given me ideas!!

12. How many bikes do you have? :thinkingface:

To me, your wife has just given you permission to build a bigger garage with that statement. I wouldn't question her and just get on with it. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. She building you up for a trip,,,,,maybe a NEW Kitchen or Holiday:D:p

14. He's out there now with his spade :thinkingface:

15. Burying the wife? :worried:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Both that and making a new garage to hide her under :thinkingface: some evil people on here :scream:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. What's under your "Bike Room"? :worried:

18. I would have to Czech :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. IMG_8833.jpg

• Like Like x 8
Do Not Sell My Personal Information