1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 'error Injec 12.2 & 13.2'

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by KT1098, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    New to the forum and Ducati's.
    I picked this one up last weekend, got my first chance to ride it yesterday, got 200 metres up the road and everything shut down and the back wheel locked up and it was all a bit if a mess!
    Pushed the bike home and tried starting it but the check engine light was on. Flicked through the mode switch and found the above code in the title.
    [​IMG]
    I found this thread: Injector error 12.2, 13.2. WTF? - Page 2 - ducati.org forum | the home for ducati owners and enthusiasts
    So I proceeded to desemble the bike and found my relays looked like this [​IMG]
    So I cleaned the hell out of these relays, put everything back together and tried starting the bike...still the same codes :(
    I think because you have to reset the ecu after (if so how
    Is that done?) or could it be something else?
    I read that a low battery can start throwing codes sometimes?!
    Thanks

2. pm @chrisw he's the resident ecu geek

3. Did you replace the relays with new? They are a cheap part even from Ducati. Replace them.

The front relay is for the fans and the rear for the coils/injectors/fuel pump.

Get yourself some electrical contact cleaner and clean the connectors. Then cover the contacts in dielectric or silicone grease.

4. Hey, thanks for the replies.
    I cleaned every inch of both of them with electrical cleaner. Have not replaced them with new ones but that may be the next thing to try.
    The bike had a left hand side lowside incident a while back and I'm thinking it may have damaged something along the way, so I'm looming at all the left side connectors now to make sure they are all in order. Could this also be an ecu issue?

5. With that amount of Verdi Gris you need new relays.

12v 4 pin micro relays

6. Ok great, I'm seeing them available online with different amps(?) some are 12v 25a 4 pin micro relays and I've found others at 40a?
    I have a halfords just up the road from me...is it the same rules with bikes as with cars..avoid halfords unless its your last resort?

7. I use 20amp 4 pin 12v. Halfords should be able to help.

8. Sooo I bought a new relay, cleaned everything out again and tried turning the bike over and it was still throwing a code so I thought screw this and I put the fan relay in the injector slot and its now ticking over as happy as ever. But the new relay in now in the fan slot..does that mean my fans will now not work? Is the test just to let it sit idling till it heats up and see if they kick in?
    Could I also add that this forum is amazing! Very well set up, laid out and easy to use :) spot on!

9. Unless you have diagnostic software to check the fans the only way is to let the temp trip them.

10. I let it get up to 103degrees, thought that was really high so freaked out and shut it off...do you know what temp they are meant to kick in? There is no fan error code yet.

11. Fans are set to cut in at 103. Let it get to 104/5

12. Sweet. Fans kicked in :) fingers crossed its all good.
    Thank you for all your help, unfortunately cracked the top part of my fairing when I put it back together, devastated!

13. Just happened to me

Do Not Sell My Personal Information