1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 1098 Fairing Fit On A 999?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Hotblack Desiato, Jan 31, 2017.

1. I'm building a bike for myself based on a 999 frame and swingarm. It will have custom lights and clocks so that's all open to being made to fit. I want a more rounded fairing though like a desmosedici or 1098. Has anyone fitted an aftermarket 1098 or desmo fairing to a 999 chassis/engine combination and can share experiences on how easy/hard it is please? My thinking is that the 999/1098 frames were not dissimilar so it might be a straight bolt on if you ignore lights and clocks and the front fairing bracket?

2. The 1098 petrol tank has a bracket either side near the front for a fairing side panel fixing point. Andy

3. Thanks Andy, guess that makes the 1098 option more involved than straight drop in...ah well, back to the drawing board

4. There was an aftermarket desmosedici fairing made that fitted 999.

5. Ooo that sounds interesting! I don't suppose you know who made it do you?

6. Think if you check World of QB you will find what you are looking for

7. I've seen the QB Carbon one but that is just a 999 fairing with desmosedici style air intake whereas I was looking for a desmosedici style fairing as it's more rounded and has less bits stuck on it than a 999
    There looks like a place in Czechoslovakia that might do what I want so am waiting for a reply...

8. You may have to time travel to get to Czechoslovakia :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ...oh yeah republic now

10. We'll the Czech fairing seems to be made by Omnia racing in Italy so I contacted them and got just the front fairing I wanted. Fairing arrived and one panel was old yellow and cracked/chipped. Unbelievable! After a week of aggro they agreed a 70 euro refund, better than nowt so we settled. Started fitting it today and the fit is pretty awful so it'll need cutting to stop it fouling the rear wheel and fit the stand etc but we're on the way! Thanks for the advice guys, progress has been made, a little anyway....

11. Any progress on this? I have a customer asking me to do this on their 999 and am interested to see if it's a good look!

12. Best forum name I've seen today :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saw this on fb. IMG_5680.PNG IMG_5681.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Those guys are cnuts!

#14 JoeC, May 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
  15. Yeah I think I found that out
    No progress I can show but the problem fairing panel has spurred me on to something else. I've been slowly sanding back the gel coat to get to a decent smooth base and my intention then is to take a mould off them and remake the fairing in carbon fibre. I had to modify the belly pan as it's clearly intended for racing so doesn't allow use of the side stand but also because it was two inches too long and the back wheel sat in it! £360 for a fairing and the fit is pants! The belly mould is done first pass, I'm now tidying that up before making the carbon one. These things take me months to do as I get so little time to do it. The good news on bodywork was S I finished the tank buck after two years somthat is off being created in aluminium now...slow progress but progress nonetheless...

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information