1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 Mirrors

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Slowman, Feb 18, 2018.

1. IMG_20180212_123102.jpg

So the standard mirrors are quite shit and shake about and poor rear vision. Are there any decent quality replacements available specific to the 1098.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That's a great view, enhanced by the gorgeous wheelie bin. :heart_eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I know some people don’t get on with them, but have you thought of the bar end type?

4. I thought I would keep the bin brigade happy.
    I don't really fancy bar end mirrors as I would also like to retain the indicators in the mirrors also. Have found some on moto-science.com that are model specific just wondered if there was much else choice wise people knew of.

5. You could leave the indicator antlers in place and ignore them? The bar end alternative is probably the only solution that will be vibration free.

I don’t know of any aftermarket alternative available probably because the standard ones are so bespoke, hope somebody comes along and helps soon.

6. I thought the best placement for the standard mirrors was in a box in my shed. They are too shaky for viewing through, and at the same time too wide for filtering. I fitted a rear view camera which (once used to it) is much better.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I bought a 1098 recently, I have to confirm also that the std mirrors are absolutely useless, even my 996 mirrors are better and thats saying something. Without wanting to ruin the looks of the bike, I will just stick with the std ones and just move my arm out the way to see behind

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. A mate told me the 848 have extenders on them I don't know if this is true. I am with duc996bp on this I do the chicken dance down the road. :joy:

9. Not sure about the 848 but the 1198 does, this makes them even wobblier.

10. I took the extenders off my 848, much better for me without them.

11. I recently got hold of some genuine Ducati mirror extenders which I have fitted. You can see behind much easier for sure and I don't think its made the vibrations any worse cos it seems to be the glass itself that vibrates like a mofo and it did this before the extenders were fitted. Moto science do some specific for the 848/1098 which also have the indicators in them. They don't look too bad but just wondered if there were any other options anyone knew of.

12. Just pull the clutch in everytime you want to see behind you? ;)

13. Got the Oberon mirror extenders on my 1098S. Work ok, look ok, filtering is fine.

But at the end of the day, decision is yours.

R.

14. Erm, oddly enough my just purchased 1098 has non standard mirrors (got the OE parts in boxes...) got to assume due to the crap rear view. How much help it is I'm not sure as no idea where they came from. Picture might help..
    IMG_1552.jpg IMG_1537.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. maybe an improvement on the originals re: function but boy, they are ugly.. just me possibly.
    Nice bike - looks like the one that came up for grabs on here recently?

16. got the wrong one

[​IMG]

17. Changing mine back to OE. Wont be much getting past..

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nice looking bike J biker... have to admit I've been looking at making the mirrors usable as the stock ones on my 1098 are a real pain to use.

done some searches but there doesn't seem to be a good looking effective alternative... think I'm going to make a set of carbon ones that are slightly wider than the stock ones but a better shape at the outside.
    Of cause i will have to install some LED indicators into the light before I'm finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just need to plan how wide they are, looking at the aftermarket ones on your bike and they look a lot wider and higher than the stock 1098 ones?

19. That does not look out of place I kind of like it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information