1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098 Owner, Black Van, Donnington / M1 Saturday Morning

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Carbon749, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Just wondered if the owner of a 1098, who had dropped the bike off at Donnington this morning around 9:30 ish, was on the forum?

I was on the Diavel broken down at the top of the slip road for the M1.

Would like to say thanks for stopping and offering assistance. It was a fuel related problem, and as soon as the AA added 2 gallon of fuel to the bike, it started first touch.

In my defence, the fuel gauge was on 3 bar and the range said I had about 80 mile left. Guess I'll be looking in to that issue next week.

Any way, thanks for stopping, hope you enjoy Spain and the racing.

• Like Like x 3
  2. MTS's & Diavels had similar issues with the fuel gauges I seem to remember. When the MTS was full the gauge would never show a full tank but when it had half a tank it would show this for ages then suddenly drop to just above the reserve. Check if your fuel sender is in good fettle.

3. The bike has sat in Ducati Manchester for about 5 month, its possible that the sender has stuck / dried up.

I'll try a couple of tank fulls through it, but if no better, then off for a warranty claim.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information