1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098r At Mallory 5/6

Discussion in 'Ducati Spotted' started by Cream_Revenge, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Anyone from here?

2. How did your day go Creamy? It was wet on and off up the road in Nottingham.

3. Morning was a write off. I was on kr108 rear and vo2 front slicks. Did sighting laps + one more as never been there before but lots of quick guys were flying past Me with wets on. Then sun came out for inters and novice and it started to rain again after about 1 lap for fast group, so I wobbled round another lap and came in. Sun came out, track dried, went out and did 3 dry laps and red flag. Sat in pit lane it’s starts to piss down again so 1 lap and back to pits. It was averaging about 9deg at this point.

went to tyre guy and bought SC2 front and rear so I had at least some tread and missed session 4 but was ok as it was pissing down all session. Me/bike/tools got drenched as I was in the car park. My pop-up mx24 tent didn’t arrive in time.

lunch, it hailed, actually stung a fair bit, hid in car and had lasagne.

3 sessions after lunch, all bone dry and in sunshine. Only 1 red flag but I “missed” the pits and when I’d come round again we were ready to go out so no lost time really.

first session I was in 1:02s and final in 1:00s which I’m ok with as I’ve never been before and only had 3 sessions.

bloody windy all day and the warmers really struggled to actually reach temperature due to the cold wind.

but afternoon was awesome. Forgot how amazing track days are!

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Wish you didn’t ask now?

5. 1:00s is a good time for your first time there. It's not the easiest place to get chunks of time off though.

6. I'm slow round the hair pin, through the chicane and getting on to the straight (as I'm concerned about a high side there) I recon I loose at least a second and a bit through there. Bit slow into Gerrard's as well.
    And the right / left towards the hairpin I turn in to early so it puts me in the wrong place for the left part.

I recon I can get it to about a '58 something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The hair pin is a bitch, I have far too often clipped the top of my helmet on the wall. Great small circuit though. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  8. I am always wary of the off camber left onto the straight and the proximity of the pit lane barrier...feathered throttle like a pooosay!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Good track, really enjoyed it once the rain stopped. Lack of garages a hot of a pain.

Cheap though.

10. I went up there end of last year with a mate doing his ACU. 1/2 the day was lost as their very own sweeper truck dumped oil all over the circuit.
    "Garages' is being generous.
    Nice little circuit with a great heritage.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ACU afternoon on weds was always cheap track time if you had a license

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information