1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Discs

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Braz, May 12, 2017.

1. Morning !
    I would like to install new discs (brembo oro or similar) and want to know if the TC sensor nobbers can be popped out and transferred to new discs?
    Any of you 1098R deviants have some words of wisdom?

2. My understanding is that there is nothing dedicated on the disc, the sensor just looks at the "spokes". Andy

3. Don't forget, the 1098R disc has a 15mm offset. Andy

4. Yeah the right hand disc has bobbins for the TC, I read somewhere of someone putting them in but don't remember how they did it but it can be done

5. Well, I've learnt my one thing today. Yes you are right, the bobbins are handed (not what I was lead to believe) but I cannot see any way of removing them. The bobbins on my race discs on the 853 have a sort of circlip you can lever out. Andy

6. I had a pair replaced under warranty and I'm glad I did when I saw the price! Daft money!
    I wasn't aware that the TC bobbins can be popped out and transferred. Id be surprised if this is the case. More likely we'll have to bite the bullet and spend shitloads on Brembo OE.
    Let us know how you get on, good luck.

7. I thought we covered this in another post Andy - they didn't put them 'nipples' on there on one side only just for us to admire?? :confuse: ;)

8. Want to keep the agricultural TC so looks like I could be stuck with the standard jobbies then

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My 1098R runs the Nemesis TC system which uses a dedicated pick up ring on the LHS of the front wheel. When my discs were replaced, non 'bobbin' discs have been used on either side. So I'm not stuck with OEM discs, even though that's what's fitted. :)

IMG_3803.JPG

IMG_3551.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sorry Chris, I am finding that retirement has one drawback, my memory has totally gone to pot :Bucktooth:. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hmm, this strikes a chord with me because I also run the Nemesis TC system. I don't recall any pick up ring on the LHS of my front wheel though. I'll have to investigate when I get home.
    TBH I wind my TC almost off. It's quite agricultural when it kicks in and spooks me...

12. Yeah that's the most flexible way to go, @Final Edition made one for the rear wheel of my F9 build.

• Like Like x 1
  13. you are not alone :smileys:

14. I had an engineering company press some bobbins into the standard disc which I use on my wet front wheel, took the original disc so he could get the correct offset measurements, charged me £30 :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. If using standard Ducati TC, you will need to make sure you have the right amount of pips. As that's what the standard ecu needs to see.

If using the full Nemesis kit, you can program different amount of pips front and rear using the Nemesis software.

Or, as been done before, make these and press them into non dtc discs.
    dtc bobbin.jpg

#15 ducati dad, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information