1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098 1098r Idea's / Values????

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Phil D, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Hi, basically come across a near new 2008 R, covered nothing and is as new, 2nd owner investment bike. My intention is to actually ride it. However, I have a few concerns regarding best practice re servicing costs and nesessity before use. But before this could you please forward Idea's on expected 'value', realise this query has legs and an open book but some ball park figures might help/will help negotiating a final figure...... ️ Cheers chaps

2. 12-22k

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. As above I'd say about £20k

4. Start at about £17000 but go no higher than £20000. Also budget £1000 to recommission it for the road. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hmmm that's about what I was thinking..... Ideally less but... I'll see.. Thanks for the reply cheers

6. Mines a pampered track slag (oxymoron, I know) and I'd say it's worth ~15k. With it's shiny bits. Probably 12 without and put back to standard trim.
    But fwiw I can't think of a worse road bike. Bloody hard work and way too wild.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wow..... Now that's important info my man, never ridden one.... Appreciate this.. ️

• Like Like x 1
  8. What is the owner asking for it?

9. To be discussed but certainly north of 15k...

10. I’d say you guys are bonkers. It’s all hype, a bubble about to explode in enormous proportions. OK if you bought for 10k and held a while, disaster if you pay 18k and want to sell.

Not to mention Labour will be declaring war on any type of ownership, and bike-grabbing to match their land-grabbing and company-grabbing....

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Do you know anyone that secured a 1098R for 10k? Ever? Nope, me neither. Nowhere near :laughing:

12. Yes. Quite a few. May be 3yrs ago. Didn’t Ash’s rebuilt bike go for similar money recently?

13. :no_mouth:

14. Less :no_mouth:

15. I turned down a Scottish one for 10k

• Like Like x 4
  16. Lies!!

Damn you all!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. no...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information