1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098s Exhaust Heat Shield

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Symon Moore, Jun 28, 2019.

1. I really need to do something about this. Had to shout at a random kid earlier today that looked as though he was about to touch the metal shield around my Termi’s seconds after I’d gotten off the bike. That little piece of metal gets fantastically hot. Do the carbon shields make a real difference? Do they take some of the heat away from your inner leg etc? Never tried them because I’ve just put up with the heat but if they actually work, maybe it’s time to get the wallet out :astonished:

A27DAD5E-4E01-4AA3-9354-072B3EB4915F.jpeg

2. Haven't tried the carbon shield but I recall reading on here recently that somebody was complaining about the discolouration on one that came with the bike when he got it.

I did get the small one ceramic coated when it discoloured on mine but TBH I don't know if it is any cooler than the standard coating.

If I was that concerned there would 2 things I'd look at

Try just using some exhaust wrap around the pipes at the shield, just enough that it was hidden behind the shield

Use some form of heat reflective sheet on the inside, I'm not sure if that's possible as I recall there is not an awful lot of clearance

Somebody with a Carbon jobbie will no doubt be along soon to tell you if it helps

3. Yes thought about heat reflective tape but again, given how hot that area gets, just not sure if it would work.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information