1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098s Or Not

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Steveonotts, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Hi guys.
    New to the forum and looking for a bit of information.
    I've just sold an S1000rr and looking for a new bike.
    I'm going to look at doing a few track days on the bike and wondered what the pit falls are to a 1098s.

2. there great bikes mate, few had main bearing problems and some gear boxes ate 2nd gear for a past time. But i know of bikes that had never had a problem. If funds stretch id go 1198 ironed out all the 1098 problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Buy an 1198 - no probs with main bearings. One for sale on here is fab value too!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Thanks guys.
    Ahhh the white one that I've seen for sale.
    I'll take a look and see if I can find

5. Thread moved. And introduce yourself in the newbies section

6. Or you could try the link up there :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. i love my 1198 i keep thinking of changing it just because, but then ride it and it always makes me smile and looks amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not strictly true, bur certainly seem less likely

9. Talking of bearings - an article in Practical Performance bikes this month says the UK has been hit by an increase in fake bearings including SKF - be careful out there!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Going from the inline 4 to the big 2 is going to take some major getting used to on the track. You'll be running at way different rpms. Some guys hate the low rpm exits, others love the torque. I go back and forth on a GSXR600 for my endurance race and then the 1198 for my twins race. Its an adjustment every time. It takes a couple laps on the gsxr to get used to the high rpms again.

11. Going from the inline 4 to the big 2 is going to take some major getting used to on the track. You'll be running at way different rpms. Some guys hate the low rpm exits, others love the torque. I go back and forth on a GSXR600 for my endurance race and then the 1198 for my twins race. Its an adjustment every time. It takes a couple laps on the gsxr to get used to the high rpms again.
    Oh yeah and the 1198 doesnt like to keep the front wheel on the ground as you apply throttle out of a corner..I think it thinks its a unicycle

12. Thanks for the advice guys.
    I'm testing an 1199 tomorrow. Up'd the budget again. Never ridden one before. So see what I think.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information