1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1098s Sf Discs W/ Traction Control

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by whittle, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Hi

this is my first post here.
    I have a 1098s sf, the front discs are knackered i need new ones.
    Looking at ducatis part catalogue i notice they are seperate part numbers/prices for Left and right.
    The right disc has the pickups in the buttons for the traction control.

I need new discs, where can I find discs which have these TC pickups? everywhere ive looked online have discs but they are the same either side and therefore i am presuming will not have the pickups and I will lose Traction control.

what are your guys' suggestions?

2. Hi

this is my first post here.
    I have a 1098s sf, the front discs are knackered i need new ones.
    Looking at ducatis part catalogue i notice they are seperate part numbers/prices for Left and right.
    The right disc has the pickups in the buttons for the traction control.

I need new discs, where can I find discs which have these TC pickups? everywhere ive looked online have discs but they are the same either side and therefore i am presuming will not have the pickups and I will lose Traction control.

what are your guys' suggestions?

3. the pick ups for the TC are part of the disc mounting buttons..... if you couldn't get new discs with them fitted you could swap them over from the originals as they are steel and its the alloy carriers that wear....

or i have seen someone turn some bits that are pressed into the no TC style disc to make them TC

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. also remember that your std TC sees 6 front pick ups so if you change the discs to one with more then the tc won't work...

5. Welcome Dave. Firstly threads merged. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too :)

6. There is a drawing on here somewhere, of the steel pips that can be made and fitted to std discs

7. just need someone to do it then...

8. Have some crash bung stuff first :bucktooth:

9. hurry up!

10. are you aware of anyone who can do this?

11. would you happen to have a link?

12. I have put it up before but cant find it atm.

13. Here you go..
    dtc bobbin.jpg

14. Perfect. What material? Stainless?

And spot weld them in?

15. No: Steel - push fit. Try pushing your old ones out as mentioned above :thinkingface:

16. nah they are interference fit press in or bradders hammer!

17. You should just press in. Bit of loctite .

Stainless might be ok, depends on amount of iron needed for sensor pick up.

Other than that, plated steel.

18. Have you tried bike torque racing they supply brembo brakes they will help you.

19. press fit is strong enough for them to not fly out at the no faster than the national speed limit?

20. But also, are we saying there are ZERO companies who can supply discs with these buttons fitted?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information