1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 Evo Sp 190 Rear.

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, May 4, 2019.

1. I know people have asked before but has anyone ever tried a 190 on ours? Im asking not from a "i want a fatter back tyre" point of view - my mate is chummy with a lad that works for Avon and has got a few sets of their top of the range fast road/track tyres for an amazing price - but only in a 190 rear. Tyres are fucked on mine so i need a new set very soon...

2. i list the rear wheel as 5.5inch rim width, so 190 will be pushed very tall so extreme steep profile which will fall into corners and upset the balance with the front, if you can get a 6.0inch rim then gotta be worth a try.....

3. Hi Andy...long time no speak....didnt think a 6.0 inch rim would fit for two reasons...1. wouldnt fit in the swing arm and 2. The hub size is different isnt it??

4. to be honest i don't know whether there is an issue with a 6.0inch rim vs swingarm etc, i guess you could use a rim manufacturer and check to see if they offer a 6.0 x 17 for your model,
    but a 5.5 tim distorts the tyre somewhat and the gain on cornering footprint would be lost in sidewall rigidity,
    if those Avon are sport, supersport and extreme models they are awesome tyres with great feel, i had the on the 749 to test and gotta say it handled at it best with those compared to all the others,
    yeah, long time..... Weston bike night season now so see you down there!!

5. Absolutely. Ill be down there on the Hyper....just waiting for a decent day....last 2 have been pretty crap weather so ive not bothered...be nice to catch up.

6. Why is it different for the rsv4....my old one was shipped with a 190 rear standard....the wheel width hasnt changed up to present day but they now come with a 200 section from the manufacturers...

7. 200 section is structuraly made to sit on a 6.0 rim, same as 190, the structure in the sidewalls are made to provide set ranges of flex at a given mounted angle, if you change those angles the structure either turns weak when mounted on too thin a width or too rigid on widths to wide, this changes sidewall deflection and it is that you sometime feel, too hard or too soft pressures also change this deflection and give similar feelings when at lean over u even surfaces

8. Ahhhh... Ok.... I'll have to stick that 190 on the zed then!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information