1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 Hyper Indicators Flashing Too Fast?

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Ant1DP, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Ive bought a great looking 2008 Hypermotard 1100 with 19k miles but its come with a few problems. The first one is the indicators were wired wrong so ive fitted brand new led indicators but they are still flashing way too fast.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Ive looked under the seat for the fuse box but I cant find it.

The next issue is the kickstand is barely attached, but I think ive found a simple and elegant solution. I taped the right bolt hole to M12 but then I found the stand was high tensile steel and I couldnt drill it from M10 to M12. But if I push the kickstands right bolt hole up above its normal bolt hole location (effectively rotating the kickstand on its left bolt hole abouts -20 degrees counter clockwise) it will almost allow clear access for the new M12 bold, ive just got to mark it and grind a little off. This will also rotate the stand into its normal position as its moved out towards the nose with age. Then ill replace the left bolt with a race drilled lockwire bolt and hope it holds.
    If this do not work ill cut the kickstands right bolt off and weld a whole new piece on, allowing me to use the M12 bolt and another bolt hole which is further to the right but on the same plane. This solution is a lot of work though.

2. You need to wire resistors in parallel with the indicators. From what I know the older HM should also have a dash function to switch to LED indicators.

From Google:

1. with key off press the up toggle button on left hand switch.
    2. turn key on.
    3. press the up toggle button to switch between selections. once you reach "SEE INDIC" stop pressing buttons!
    4. press and hold the down toggle button for 5 sec. to enter the "SEE INDIC" menue.
    5.once again press the down toggle button to change from "LAMP" to "LED".
    6. press and hold the down toggle button again for 5 seconds to save into "MEM".

7. turn key off, then turn key on and check your LED indicator function.

3. Welcome. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too please?

5. As said. Yours will have the dash function so give that a try. Led indicators play havoc on the older hypers and from experience what works on one doesn’t always work on another.
    Mine had just bar end led indicators when I got it with no rears. Everything worked fine. Flashed normal and everything was good. It then failed an mot and was told I’d have to fit rear indicators. Fitted led ones to rear and the trouble started. Although all four flashed normal I lost the turn signal indicator on the dash. Tried loads of different resistors but nothing worked. If I unplugged the rear indicators it was fine. In the end I brought some small green led’s, wired them into the front indicator wiring and mounted them flush either side of the cluster.
    Some people just leave the standard bulbs wired in and plot them under the seat to solve the problem

6. Thanks for all the advice, ill try the dash first then the adjustable relay ive bought. If those dont work I will go back to bulb indicators as it all seems a lot of hasstle.

FYI I did try replying over the weekend but my iphone didnt seem to work for some reason.

7. When I did the Dash to LED fix, even though I went through all the steps including the Mem bit, the fix did not work. Each time I go into the Dash is comes up Lamp again, so im wondering why it will not save the LED setting.

8. So finally I added the resistors and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the help

Do Not Sell My Personal Information