1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 1100 Miles In 3 Days

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by tater, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Having just completed 1100 miles in three days on the 749, I can re-affirm you can tour on anything. I won't go into how I had a bunch of Trumpet explorer riders in Durness tell me "its no fun touring on that thing though is it". This rather odd impression a certain sub set of bikers have that you can only tour on something that has an upright riding position and a full top box and pannier set. Bunch of arse. I had a great time.

Fantastic weekend and the bike didn't miss a beat, thanks in no small part to this forum solving, sorting and pre-empting issues.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Absolutely true. Over the past 5 years I've done 1400 plus miles over a weekend, each year on an 899, Scrambler Classic, and 959. In fact last week I did over 900 miles on the 959 in Italy :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. We did Mugello and back on sports bikes a few years back now. We had a 999, 1098, ZX6R and two Aprilia Mille.

All had sore arses and ruined back tyres, but all had a blast!

• Like Like x 2
  4. yup, its the journey that's the adventure, not arriving at the hotel with the kitchen sink.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ive toured on a 916, an 1198 and on Wed a 1299. Touring bikes are for woosies.

6. 300 mile days are for girls, Valencia to Saint Malo in one day after the Moto GP, on a multistrada, try that for size on your fancy pants sports bikes. :)

7. That's 3.8miles a day!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. That's some long range Shit right there. Maybe next year, he can bust the 5 mile a day mark?

9. needed to stop a lot for beard waxing, turn-up turning and lots of other hipster grooming :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'd get your calculator checked if I were you :)

11. I have, you're correct, it doesn't allow for moderators updating their posts, dirty El t, dirty...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. lots of that editing thing going on. personally i rarely go out unless contemplating a 200ml min run. not unusual to do 3-400mls a day on the 848. no real pains. but now that its all mine. i will be modding the bars and rear sets. but not till over the winter. feck, i might even wash it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Start with the rider @finm

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. upload_2017-6-12_14-44-34.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information