1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100evo Exhaust Valve

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Steve Whitton, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Thinking of removing the cable that connects the servo motor to the exhaust valve.
    If I remove said cable completely and leave the servo motor electrically connected will the servo motor still activate (thinking it is opening and closing the valve) but show no fault code ?
    Read that doing this will clean up the 3500-4500 power band is it correct ?

2. One used to be able to get a servo eliminator kit which fooled the ecu so no fault code/engine light.

3. If you are going to this extent either fit a Healtech Servo Eliminator or see if @nelly can disable the EXBV in the ECU (I’m guessing the ECU is a Siemens M3C).

4. Servo eliminator is easiest option. No need to remove cable. The valve doesn’t have a huge effect, if any, on the running… the fuelling is more to blame.

5. I've had various bits from Vizi-tec (helpful guy). See if he still has a servo eliminator for the 1100evo

6. I was interested to know if the cable from the exhaust valve to the servo was removed would the servo still work without throwing a fault light, obviously the exhaust valve would not work as the cable would not be there, is there any gain in BHP or exhaust tone by carrying this out ?
    One for “nelly” you say the fuelling map in the ECU is the issue for the poor engine performance around 3500-4500, could this map be changed and the fault light disabled for the exhaust valve servo at the same time, also any thoughts on the O2 sensors ?

7. If you disconnect the cable, the motor will over rotate and throw an error. The eliminator box is the best route/solution.
    The fuelling issues below 4000 revs or so are related to the emissions controls. The evo responds well to a remap with something like a Rexxer flash. The valve and o2 sensors are disabled with remap and the fuelling tidied up

9. Thanks “nelly” that was what needed to know, can you help with where is the nearest/best place to have the ECU remapped to Leicester, do you take the bike to have it remapped or send the ECU only

Do Not Sell My Personal Information