1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1000 1100s Good Choice?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by 999Mark, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Hi guys and girls.

My better half has said that she would like to come out on the bike with me. Result:D.

The problem is I have a 999 and have fitted a solo seat!!

So I'm looking at what I can do.

Option one is probably try to sell the 999 and buy a Multi 1200.

Option two (due to cost) would be to buy an 1100S Mutley. Ive seen a relatively low mileage 2009 example for £3000 ish.

Is the 1100S good enough? Two up with luggage to Lake Garda good enough.

I do think I would miss the 999o_O.

Thank you for any advice.

2. Don't do it, lol......:yum

3. Do it. Very capable bikes and huge fun if ever so slightly hideously ugly.

4. Luckily I'm not too worried about the looks.

I love my 999!!!

5. Yep saw that one.

I may take a ride up when I get home from offshore.

6. I had an 1100, none S. A wet clutch and more torque than the 1000, plus better economy. A very nice motorcycle and a match for any on bends as it has great handling. Plenty of power and torque for two up riding. We tend to get a bit precious these days about ABS, traction control, electronic this and that etc, but I neither wished for or missed any of that. Mind you, it wasn't available then to miss, but you get my point.
    An Achilles Heal is the dash, which lets in water if left out in the rain. The answer is to cover it with a shower cap when parked up, no need to do that when moving. As for fugly it's something you get to love, whilst the three quarter rear view is beautiful.

7. On the clocks, the early ones did have some needing replacing, not unusual for a ducati let alone a fugly but most happened early enough that they were replaced under warranty. Mine had after a few thousand miles but the replacement never had any issues thousands of miles and years later.

It's a perfect partner for your 999 as I agree, you would probably miss that but with a fugly as well, you'd have the best of both worlds with both bikes.

8. OCD Bells ringing on that one.....looks like the owner spent most of his time polishing the bodywork and not looking after the bits that matter...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information