1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100s Rear Plate Hanger...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by t965m, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Anyone know of a rear number plate hanger that will fit a 1100S with a single termi?

Thanks.

2. Nope, but if u find one let me know - I've the same problem

3. I've not forgotten. . . Just not had time to get all my stock stuff down to piece it all together although I've just told the other half "I'll be in the garage saturday" to see if I can work something out. . .

4. Just to add what size plate are we talking. . . . Full size or 9x7 or strip plate?

6. How did i do that?

Probably 9x7

7. Ok - in the garage.....some pics of mine....now I gather your kind of the same as what ive got here. mines a twin exit system but I believe the mount point is the same....
    IMG_20161106_145423.jpg
    So, im guessing those two bolts are the mount points.....so the plate hanger would come from that.
    IMG_20161106_145445.jpg
    Now looking across the back of mine im presuming youll want the top of the plate to be just where that gap is.
    IMG_20161106_145458.jpg
    I just want to make sure what I need to do....also - indicators I use a bar which can be removed....like this pic....
    20131122_081428.jpg
    Essentially im looking at adjusting the back half of my mount (the bit with the 4 holes) to attach to the 2 bolt holes as in the first pic....

8. It actually looks different to that. The original mounting bracket is further to the rear nearer to the tail light, in fact tpright at the back of the light.

That bracket wouldn't fit as there is nothing to bolt it to.

I did look at fitting the plate to the two fixings closest to the carbon fibre but was worried the travel in the suspension would cause it to hit the tyre.

This is what it looks like stripped out:

9. Can't figure out how to insert a photo...

10. Sussed it.

IMG_3441.JPG

11. I need to see the rear with the pipe on there... I think... It's all a bit guess work as I've got no access to one with a single pipe fitted.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

12. How's this?

IMG_1407.JPG

13. I've had a chat to Ducati Glasgow and they have some ideas. The cost isn't going to be too painful so I'm letting them have a go. They're spannering skills will be far superior to mine.

14. Yep... That's the same mount point... Gave you got a pic with the sidepanels on?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

15. IMG_1505.JPG Thanks @comfysofa mine is slightly different - no plate hanger is attached further to rear by two bolts

IMG_1505.JPG

One of which u can just see facing down - I will strip further to show exactly and get measurements of what I need. Just cleaned it to an inch of its life under seat and fairings off!

IMG_1505.JPG IMG_1507.JPG

16. Yup that's same as mine - think bracket I need would attach at those two hex holes?

17. Cool. Looks like your panels follow roughly the same line as mine. It just means if I model on mine it'll fit yours (both of yours) as well.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

18. I'm not sure @comfysofa looks like you'd attaches to the flat plate with 4 bolts - mine attaches to those two hex holes at end of subframe closer to the tail light!

19. Nope.... Mines the same as yours. That pic of the tail tidy with the 4 holes is for the stock twin rear.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information