1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198 Or 1199

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by pauly, Dec 27, 2019.

1. I'd sort of decided the 1198 was what I was going to buy this winter, mainly for it's grunt and easy wheelies. But is the 1199 Pani a better, more developed bike? TBH I haven't ridden either, and I'm coming from a lot of 4/6 cylinder litre bikes.

2. What model are you looking for and what's your budget??

3. 1198 is more old skool Ducati and will have loads more grunt.

The 1199 will be easier to live with, possibly a bit cheaper to run with no belts and revvier with less torque. More comfortable too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. And what 6 cylinder bikes?

5. I've had both and have the 1198 now, I prefer it, others will prefer the 1199. You need to ride both and decide for yourself

6. Can only think of a CBX or Benelli. Oh, and a Z1300... I liked them.

Doubt it’d be a Honda 250 six :laughing:

7. It was decades ago, a couple of CBX's. 1198S is what I thought I was going to buy, but good low miles private/dealer bikes seem to be £8/10K. Which isn't much different to an 1199S.

8. Hated my panigale, nuts smashed against the tank, overheated testicles, shite suspension and more electronics than a euronics shop. couldn’t even wash the thing without it having an electrical meltdown. Id have the 1098/1198 any day

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the opinions. Private sellers seem to want dealer money, and any dealer warranty will run out before I get to ride it. I reckon I've got a month or 2 before prices go up again.

10. Offer what you think it’s worth. Which is normally 2 grand less than most jokers ask for :joy:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. There's a black S with under 3k on it in a Yorkshire shop for £9k, and similar with under 8k miles for £8k at another dealers. Both miles away from me though. Wonder what they gave for them?

12. 1500-2000 less than it’s up for

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dealer gave me 5k for my low mileage, immaculate 1098 and sold it for 7k in less than a week.

14. If the 2 black ones I mentioned were straight, I wouldn't be grumpy with £500 off. A bit of warranty and some comeback if the bike turned out to be a wrongun, is worth the piece of mind on a model I know jack 5h1t about.

15. Depends what you want it for too... 1098/1198 is probably a better road bike, 1199's do nothing until 7-8K and then start shifting!... I went from my 1199 to a 1098R.. The R is much more of a beast than an S granted but I wanted the old skool Ducati experience that my 999s had... Grunty, noisy, vibey animal etc... The Pani was more comfy on the wrists but that is probably the only thing I miss about it... If you're after a track bike the 1199 is probably better purely as it's less physical and is simply easier to ride IMO...

16. No track bike, just want something that looks and sounds nice. And that I can have some fun on. Not bothered having a 200 bhp road bike now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. 1198S hands down for whatever purpose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 1198S it is then :punch:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. :upyeah:If the right one comes up I'll buy it. Though I sold my S1000RR early this year, and TBH I haven't really missed it, So no rush.

20. I was looking to buy this one but I'm Sussex so miles away . It's only done 3k but it's also only had 2 services in 11yrs and comes with 1 months warranty .
    Where u based

Do Not Sell My Personal Information