1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Sp Intermittent Misfire

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gaza916, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Help please chaps!!

Just taken delivery of an 1198 SP and covered about 50 miles. Intermittently throughout the ride it would misfire throughout the rev range. Dash indications all normal with no warning lights. Middle 40 miles no issues at all....any ideas as a starter?

Also, the rad fan didn't appear to come on at any temp setting. Is there a fuse/common problem with them?

Thanks in advance

2. Fan comes on circa >105Deg I think.

3. Thanks mate - didn't get past 101 so may not have triggered it.

4. Miss fire could be a coil breaking down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The cable to the front coil (spark stick) can chafe through on the oil cooler or radiator if not secured correctly, you should be able to check by removing the v panel in front of the oil cooler rad.
    Kev.

• Like Like x 1
  6. quickshifter playing up or you are resting your foot on the peg

7. Quickshifter is removed and a race shift lever in place after seeing pics of lunched gearboxes. However, I didn't turn it off on the dash....think that may be a player?

8. No, you don't need to turn the DQS off on the dash just unplug it.
    I've been running mine like it for the past 4 years without any problems.

9. Start simple. Has the bike been stood? Old petrol? Crap in tank? Age/ mileage fuel/air filters. Spark plugs? check all the lives and earth are clean and tight.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information