1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198 Track Bike

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by shakeys dad, Jul 4, 2017.

1. anyone on here using an 1198 as a track bike,if so how do they find it. im currently using a 2006 zx10r,which is good but not a ducati

2. I find mine in my garage...is that what you mean?

No really, I have an R that I use on road and track and absolutely love it.
    Only done Brands on it so it may be a bit brutal for the Indy but it certainly is a Ducati.
    Do you have any specific issues?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I use mine on track mate though it is a road bike. But it's sublime on a race track, only thing I would do is change it to race shift but other than that it's ace.

4. i suppose the biggest concern is reliability against a jap bike

5. how very dare you

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. They do need a bit more maintenance than a Jap bike but very rewarding when there working.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. I use my 1198SP on the track. It is a wonderful track bike.
    The only issue I have had is with the quick shifter, it has jumped in between gears a couple of times. Afraid to use it ever since. Perhaps I'm not shifting with enough commitment, but I lost my confidence in it.

As Cookster mentioned above, having a race shift (reverse) would be a good mod. I haven't found any conversion kits for the 1198SP due to the quick shifter, so I still have the original shift linkage.

Enjoy!

8. Can't you just take it off, bearing in mind you aren't using it anyway? Then if you don't like it, no real cost. If you do, investigate changing your QS :)

9. put a deposit down on one today

• Like Like x 1
  10. Have a look at the Louigi Moto facebook page. That will soon make you remove your QS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I had a quick look, here is some info from them:

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 11.37.30.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 11.37.30.png

12. (forum keeps uploading it twice)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ah, now it makes sense what my local Ducati workshop said after I asked them to check it out: "we suggest not to use the quick shifter". The reason given was something like: not being able to test the QS on a public road...

14. Not a bad idea bradders. With it removed, I can also convert to a reverse shifter.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information