1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1198r, Deposit Taken!

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by TZ750D, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Yes it is Europe too, it stinks, and is irrespective of age and you can't claim it back from the country of origin! :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pretty sure when I did the search, and visited lots of sites like piston heads, there was discussion about if BAT had been paid at source then some claim could be made. But it is difficult and laboursome! And in Europe the import duty and vat are determine by age (6yrs plus?) and KMs

but I’ve not done it. There was a guy last year who imported a Ducati from italy and could probably tell you exactly

3. @farmster didnt you bring an 888 from Italy? Maybe you could help matey on this thread

4. I think @Chris knows the score on this :)

5. @Desmophil I brought my 748 from the UK to Ireland in 2012. I’d owned it since new (1999) and it had sub 6000km on it. Eventually, in 2018 I went to register it here. On the one hand the Revenue gave me a 90% reduction in the Vehicle Registration Tax (paid on all vehicles in Ireland) and reduced it from €1100 to €110 as the bike was so old but then on the other hand wanted €2300 from me as it was a ‘new’ vehicle :eek:, having less than 6000 km. €2300 being 23% of the Revenue’s arbritarily assumed €10000 list price of the bike back in 1999. Needless to say the bike is still not registered here:confused:.

I even had the original sales invoice proving I had bought it and paid vat in another Eu state. Not acceptable. They not only want that but want proof I lived in the other state, which I had since 1960:confused:, such as 3 proofs of residence from the period 6-12 months prior to me bringing the vehicle into the state. We don’t keep files of our old household bills from 6-7 years ago:(.

Another fella on here who’s name escapes me but who also lives in Ireland, was dead chuffed he bought an as new 3 year old Multi from Ducati Manchester with only 2000 odd miles on the clock. He had to ride it around non-stop before getting it registered.

The vat rules across the EU are if the vehicle has less than a certain amount of miles it’s classified as new. In Ireland it’s 6000km, in the UK I believe it’s 6000 miles but someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Be careful what you import.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I had none of that hassle at all. Just brought a Swedish pani R to UK after living there. All cleared with HMRC within a couple of days.
    No proof or residence etc requested.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Any vat or import duty costs?

8. You should be
    You should be transferring an asset paul the bike was yours in the UK I pressume so your not importing but transferring an asset to where you now reside within europe ? Once it was yours for 6 months before changing state ?

9. I imported 16 year old bike in to uk from EU state with less than 6k km.
    no problem and no extra duties/vat. registered on Y plate with DVLA now

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. $37k is a good price. I would up your price mate as it will sell anyway. currently only 1 bike for sale is the world I believe?
    I would not sell mine for less than double that. desmo's going for double that price and Ducati made boat load of them

• Like Like x 1
  11. Can I ask why you or someone like you would buy it at double the price? Not having a go, just interested: it’s a bike, not one that won a world championship or one that is made of ultra special parts. Seriously curious

12. You were lucky Yev, I would not post that on an open Forum as you still owe the VAT.
    Bonham's warn people of the additional VAT due on bikes they have brought over for their sales - they did so the last time I was there on some 1980's Ducati's with under 6000kms...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Nothing at all.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Same advice, if under 6000kms you still owe the VAT and have been lucky o_O

15. In part yes, however, I have to get a certificate from the Revenue, to give to the vehicle registration guy at the testing station in order he can override the computer which calculates how much vat needs to be paid. I can’t get the certificate without producing proof of residence in the UK for at least 6 months prior to my importation of the vehicle. As that was over 8 years ago now I don’t have the requisite phone/utility bills they require. It’s a fecking PITA:(

16. why not? no-one question desmo's for sale at 60-70k£ or Vincent's at silly money. not like you can compare 1198r prices anyway... currently this one is the only one for sale in the world. I just think they worth more, that's all

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. My thoughts exactly :):upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information