1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1198s 2009

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Ivor, Mar 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking to sell my 1198S, I've owned it 9 years, one previous owner. Previous owner spent c £12k on extras, still fitted to the bike. Includes: tamburini alloy tank, termigonis, carbon seat unit, clip one, Agostini levers, various carbon bits. Just MoT'd. Location West Wales. £9500, will post pictures later

• Like Like x 4
  2. You mean £1,200 on extras surely?

3. Nope, £12,000 apparently, exhaust is a few £k on its own, as is the tank ( £2-3k? someone with greater knowledge will know) carbon bits , Inc tail unit, slipper clutch , levers, pegs, clip ons, all adds up. That said you'd struggle to identify the £12k.

4. I guess changes rather than extras would be a better description

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bit slow on the pictures there buddy?

6. Away from home at the moment, will pop some up next day or so when I get home

7. I made more selling my 1198 base OEM and the parts seperately. For some reason Ducati owners are under the illusion that oem bikes arent or havent been ragged. Despite the fact that theyre Ducati owners themselves and have ragged many a ducati. Bunch of morons. Oh, wait...

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Crossed my mind more than once, have the original exhaust but none of the other bits, bar tail unit, tank would be a no-brainer, especially as I need one for my 1098R, would swap them but the 1098's had an after market paint job

9. It’s a trade off. Sell bits separately and base bike cheaper or sell at market rate and attract more potential buyers with the extras.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. IMG-20210310-WA0003.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. 12k seems about right as it’s got a superpole seat fitted!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. It's a nice seat to be sure

13. £12k nice? :)

14. Comes with free alloy tank and full termigoni system and carbon tail unit and carbon bling and free bike, I paid £12k for it 9 years ago so the bike was sort of free...

• Like Like x 2
  15. I've accepted an offer on this, if it falls through will update the thread

• Like Like x 5
  16. Let me know when it’s done and I’ll close the thread :)

17. Thanks mate, chap's either collecting tomorrow or I'm taking it up mid April, either way I'm happy for you to close the thread Sunday and if the sale falls through I'll repost in a few weeks

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bike is sold

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information