1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198s Clutch Issue And Regulator

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by AmalfiCoast_1198s, Jun 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. So the awful noise from my clutch was due to the fact that there were two different types of plates in there! See picture... I ordered an 1198sp clutch and I couldn’t believe how amazing it was compared to the worn out, mixed plate clutch before. So easy in traffic and moving off, I was very very happy riding home, also because during the remap process the guys found a faulty exhaust sensor. It now produces a seamless 170 bhp at the wheel and with the brand new clutch the bike has become even more unrideable and even more ridiculous on the road so I’m happy. The clutch grips really hard and it just goes like a rocket.
    But then, after 30 km the fuel light came on even though I’d just filled up, then all the other dash lights went crazy and it stopped. It wouldn’t start, the battery seemed to be flat. It had stopped on a bridge over a small valley in a place called Vietri so I realised that there was a road next to the bridge that ran down into the valley. So I took the risk of running down the hill trying to bump start it. It didn’t work and I thought how the f am I going to push this bastard up this hill again??? I came to halt outside.... a moped repair shop at the bottom of the hill. I was so happy to see the place I could have cried. They had never worked on a Ducati before but still they did their best and we worked out it was the regulator. They gave me a jump start but it died before we could get the fairing on. So it was recovered back to the shop where the clutch was fitted a few hours ago. I got home at midnight. The joys of a 9 year old, old school Ducati... it came back the yesterday day with a new standard regulator but I am going to fit the Panigale MOSFET regulator, I’m in the middle of collecting parts for that...

Other than that I’m still in love with the bike, I expected a few bugs hopefully this is it for a while.

463F3ECF-A58F-46F8-A42E-03AD0FECB3D8.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi mate. Shit that but looks like you’ll sort it.
    I fitted a panigale/ Diavel mosfet on mine a couple of years ago and so far, zero problems. Are you getting the Triumph adaptor link as well?

Ian

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thank you, yes. I’m actually going to a Triumph dealer tomorrow to collect it, part number T 2500676 I ordered it last week.
    Hopefully that will be it for a while!

4. What was the awful noise??

5. Moving off it sounded like a wardrobe being dragged across a wooden floor, while either jerking around or stalling. Very embarrassing and irritating moving off but it was fine on the move.... anyway the new clutch feels brilliant and it’s very easy in traffic now, I’m extremely happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information