1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198s Quick Shifter

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Cupid Stunt, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Does the 1198s take a plug and play quick shifter ?
    Does it have a little plug that the ducati quickshifter can plug in to ?

2. Didn't they come with a quickshifter after 2010?

3. I don't think so ian

4. When the Panigale was launched they fitted DTC and DQS across the range to clear old bike stock. To get DQS to work requires an ECU reflash on earlier bikes.

5. Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response, I am looking at a 2011 1198s which I believe is the last year these were in production. It could be a 2010 model just registered in 2011, would it have a dedicated white plug the quick shifter plugs in to, like the 848 street fighter has ?
    My 848 sf didnt come with QS fitted but it had the plug so I could easily fit one at a later date.

6. All the connectors are there.

7. and on the older models ?
    Sorry lots of questions I could just take the LHS fairing off and look for myself.
    I have a standar 1198 registered 2011 but I think its a 2010 model as no TC

8. I believe the connectors for DTC and DQS are present on the base 1198. The 1198 bikes that had DQS had DTC as well. Don't know if the DTC is linked to the DQS. Would probably be easier and better to fit an aftermarket QS.

9. I was thinking HM as my mate has it on his 1198r and he says it never misses a beat, never had false neutral.
    My 848 evo and my old 848 Streetfighter were both notorious for false neutrals and even the Panigale on occasion.

I was a bit miffed when I bought the 1098s streetfighter to find it doesnt come with a connector for the QS.
    I have been told to fit QS to my Streetfighter i'll need to go down the route of fittin PC which I don't really want to do as I would have liked an HM one for that too but I contacted them and they don't do one for my Streetfighter so not sure what to do now.
    Appreciate any suggestions.

10. Hi guys when I had my 1198 mapped the option was there to enable the tc and quick shifter, you have to unlock the programmes in the ecu and buy the hard wear. All the connections are there all the bikes use the same wire loom. I looked at doing both but turned out to be mega money from ducati so didn't bother.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Guys,
    I have an 1198s 2009. I have bought a quickshifter from the 2011 model- but I don’t seem to be able to find the connector ?
    I saw from one of the posts here that the wiring loom is the same on all the 1098/ 1198 bikes - is this correct? If so I presume I need to look harder and maybe it’s tucked away ?
    Also I know the 2009 s model was sold with the light wheels and the QS as an optional accessory but was the Ducati QS offered then, the same as the one fitted as standard on the 2011 model ?
    also see the picture attached- the connector here- is this for my side stand or for the connector for the 2009 unit?

0FE0B6EF-58BE-4577-A581-268D738843EB.jpeg

12. Keep looking around the gear shift area for a white 2 pin connector. This is the shifter side of the connector.
    A2FA8BB8-C723-4673-9E40-47BE13DD259A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. My 1198SP came with a Ducati quickshifter as standard that was OK when used "carefully", but some riders felt that it was inferior to aftermarket alternatives, and was probably implicated in subsequent gearbox issues. I think that racing the bike or regular hard track use may have made things worse in some cases, and others on here have more experience of that.
    Mine was OK while I owned it, but it wasn't pressed hard and the bike was low mileage when sold. I believe some of the later 1198S's also had them fitted.
    Chrisw on here helped with an ECU remap on the bike for another reason, which accommodated the quickshifter without any problem and it worked correctly before and after. I hope he doesn't mind, but I would recommend taking his advice on what is needed in addition to the hardware fittings.

Links to specifications for the 1198 and 1198SP are given below, which might help with background information:

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_1198 10.htm

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_1198sp 11.htm

Hope it helps,

Tom.

14. I bought a new base 1198 2009 model as old stock in 2011. I added both the DTC and the QS. Sourced from fleabay. ChrisW here flashed my ecu and bobs yer auntie. You also need bobbin front brake disc for dtc.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information