1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198s Values, Worth The Investment?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Snaps, Dec 28, 2019.

1. They say 1098/1198 values are increasing which they seem to be especially the non base models .
    Are the 1198s models worth there price tag of 8.5k plus? I've seen a black one with good mileage etc but at 9k are they really worth it as I'm looking for an investment aswell as doing around 800miles a Yr on it and don't want to spend that amount if they will become worthless as such or only worth say 5k in 3yrs time lol

2. If we one, buy it and ride it, simple as that. Life's too short not to do what you want to do

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. Nothing wrong with being cautious but, as above, no advice on here would come with a guarantee anyway. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. They won't appreciate at a greater rate than proper running costs will cost you, at the very best expect net neutral but even then you'd be lucky, it's not a 'special' in any way.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. It is the last of the proper ducati

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Yeah go on I'll bite.

How so?

7. Trellis frame, lots of low down torque. All changed with the panigale,

8. Last of the older way of doing things then maybe not 'proper'

I'm sure there's many a model in the Pani range that still has oodles of low down a torque.

9. Yes, last of the older way which lots of people liked about them. I've had both, and everyone is different and prefers different things, but I prefer the 1198s that I have now. I had an 1198 and 1199 at the same time and the 1199 hardly left the garage. It's just my opinion and the reason I think prices will stay strong. But I'm not bothered if they don't stay strong because it's the bike I want

• Like Like x 6
  10. The old weirdy beards will say the bevel geared bikes were the last 'proper' Ducatis....Shit moves on.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. I'd sa
    I'd say thats probably about rite they will appreciate the same as keeping them right I look at mine as a very low yielding savings plan that I get to ride the shit out of , its not a money maker but you won't loose a ton .......... Unless you put too many miles\kms on them so you need to buy loads of bikes o_O

• Like Like x 2
  12. I'd say that goes to the 1098R.

To the OP I'd say buy it, ride it, enjoy it. I've got a 1098R for track and that's what I do. I'm very meticulous with maintenance but by crikey, it gets ridden as intended :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I certainly wouldn't be upset if I had a booming, rattley clutched grunt monster of an 1198s sat in the garage.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  14. Id try and find a mint 1098 base model they were the first of thst shape.

15. I bought my 2009 1198S this time last year from a dealer, and looking at the bay and current dealers prices i reckon i'd need to pay another £300ish for the same bike now.
    But as is said above i dont see it as an investment to preen over in my garage,it gets well pampered but also properly hammered on the road as it should be, buy with your heart not your financial head and just enjoy what is a real BEAST, you will not regret it!.....:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. If you buy and need transport give me a shout I have a feeling I live near the bike you are talking about if so it’s lovely looking thing

17. Its a black 1 owner with under 3k miles and up for 9k but they want another 150 for delivery to Sussex which I want in price of bike but they won't lol also not been on a 1 months warranty after spending that amount

18. Oh I love a bit of black !!!:upyeah:

DSC_0171.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Screenshot_20191229_192804_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20191229_192804_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. That doesn't seem a bad price from a dealer, not much more than I paid in a private sale, and mine was due a service so pretty similar. I wouldn't let 150 delivery put me off, in fact, from Tadcaster to Sussex I'dpay it

• Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information