1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 1198s

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Carl Hauxwell, Nov 8, 2021.

1. So, after much research, procrastination, insurance quotes and general faff I've bitten the bullet and ordered a nice 1198s. Hoping for Friday delivery. 7k miles recent belt change and service.

Plan to DIY belts etc myself. Proper excited. Will be my first Ducati. Screenshot_20211108-165101_eBay.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  2. Thread moved

• Like Like x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  3. Well done Carl, looks good. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lol
    Trying not to make a habit of this.....! Promise.

Bike was more expensive to insure in a locked building, in a locked compound. Than a garage?! Far more secure where I've got it planned. Anyway, just got to put up with it until next year.

Pumped though. My first ducati. She's in lovely condition.

5. nice mate, hold on tight :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Congrats - I bought a 1098s a month or so ago and love it although it's now tucked up for the Winter. The last of the analogue Ducatis and a great ride and sound especially with slash cut Termis!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Looks good! Have fun with that torque!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1198S has traction control, is it analogue, or not?

9. Probably depends on how much time you've got to debate it Pauly :). Perhaps get my drift though.

10. My opinion is analogue is a lot of old bollox. I didn't feel that way until about 8 years ago, when I bought a bike with proper ABS and traction control though.

11. OK my point was that the 1098 did not have any rider aids without getting long-winded about it. Analogue is just a turn of phrase.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. So, turning it all off on a 1299 makes it analogue...

13. nope

14. In theory yes but on a 1098, you don't get the choice. Enough already!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. :punch:

16. 1098/1198 traction control is 1st generation - basically shite.
    I switched mine on once and it was so agricultural that I have never turned it on again. Therefore, 1098/1198 are basically analogue as they don’t have what one would deem to be useful rider aids.
    In my opinion…

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Turned it off on my 1098R. As stated, it’s shite. It used to startle me when it kicked in, unsettle me and the bike. Never got used to it. Turned it off… Sorted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Is it a simple matter to turn the traction control off? I've never ridden a bike with any aides like that and I'll just switch it off from the get go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. On my 1098 I had a Nemesis TC interface. I think all it did was allow you alter TC settings on the fly, my 1098R was a track only bike. I think the zero setting is off.

• Like Like x 2
  20. She's here. However, the red warning light for oil is on and it won't fire up and start. There is oil as I checked the level. Needs a bit more fuel, but that wouldn't effect the oil light.

Could it be the sensor?

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information