1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 1199 Buyers Guide/advice

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by TelRobinson, Jul 15, 2020.

1. It looks like I’ll be putting my 748R up for sale in the next 3-4 weeks and I’ll be on the look out for an 1199.

I’ll obviously had a read through the pages in the Pani part of the forum, but are there any things to seriously look out for when buying?

Ive had a couple of short rides of a mates 1199 and his full wisdom answer to the above is ‘I haven’t had any problems, buy one’, which doesn’t help.

Cheers

2. Be sure to put up a "Gauging interest" for sale thread :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Once it’s back home I’ll get pics up. Talked about selling it too many times, but fancy something a bit newer

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mate, you’ll regret selling that beauty after all that hard graft to get it perfect! :upyeah:

5. The S is good because of the wheels and suspension although me personally always changes those anyway so I go base model. Look out for what you already know, maintenance proof, and general condition. I've had 3 baby Pani's and an 1199 over the years with no major problems.

Nows the time to be buying one with extra bits with all the V4 hype, exhaust with a tune would be top of the list quite cranky without I found. Oh and don't forget about the 959 corse one of those with exhaust and wheels is top notch, my modded 959 with Öhlins, exhaust and wheels was one of my favourites.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Buy one, get it mapped properly and you'll be fine. If its a base model put on a new shock and fork cartridges (or complete forks) and you'll be in love. Yes, I am biased as this is what I have done and I love my 2013 1199. Just make sure that you are ready to love it or hate it. No half measures with this bike I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Buy a 1199r there mental

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. Get an 1199s with Termi's. Buy a more comfortable seat and get a throttle spacers. The 1199 is a bit twitchy at low speeds around town, but put it in wet mode and with the throttle spacer becomes much nicer and easier to control.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wet mode? rather be without ma knob.....

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Cheers fellas!

11. there is a 1199r for sale on e/bay without desmo service £1400 with desmo done£15000 14 plate.

12. I had to wait twenty years to get back my beloved 748R.....

13. Agree with able duc, no wet mode even mentioned on these hallowed pages!
    I've heard through town it calms the coughs and burps. After a lairy ride, when all the muppets are stop/starting their way to the garden centres or in-laws, I hear tell it can make the raging wild beast more manageable. But no, not for this ruff tuff biker-dude. I'm with the Duc. Oh, no!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information