1199 K Tech Suspension

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dildo Baggins, Sep 13, 2019 at 8:02 AM.

1. this is a purely hypothetical question as I’m trying to gauge wether it’s worth me removing my Carlos fandango suspension off my 1199 and purchasing some stock suspension to sell the bike.
    Question is would anybody be interested in paying £1200 or thereabouts for upgrades to their 1199 for a more track focused machine with ktech internals in stock forks and the dds pro shock with 2 springs.
    I paid nearly 3 k for it but that’s irrelevant as I know it was a personal choice and that you never get out what you put in.
    I am taking the bike to Ducati oxford this weekend and going to see what their part ex price will be against a new hyper. If it’s bad I will sell bike separately.
    I am just speculating at the moment as to my options
    Cheers

2. 100% remove... DDS rear shock probably worth 500/600 sheets secondhand pending on condition and same with inserts... Dealer is not going to pay over the odds for the goodies... generally will pay well under book unless they have a massive mark up on the one your buying. Especially at this time of the year! Or they have underwritten it to another dealer or already have a customer waiting... Main Stealers are the worse usually.... Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Why not offer a px for someone who has standard stuff fitted? Pick a reasonable value based on asking prices on eBay. If I had std fitted and was looking to upgrade I’d be jumping at that kind of deal

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Added to say a grand plus standard stuff wouldn’t probably be that far out imho and a decent deal for both parties.

• Love You Love You x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Why don't you try to sell the complete bike on here?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get the trade in va;UW, add a few hundred quid, and fingers crossed someone actually wants a bargain (unusual on here tbf!)

7. I tried selling it privately last month through various other outlets and oh my fucking god!! I did not know that there were so many thick as shit arrogant people dreaming about owning a motorbike but with nothing to back it up. I cancelled the adverts in the end as there was a good chance I was gonna load the 12 bore and unleash it on the next throbber that walked through my gates asking “is it fast” & can I do part payment now and some next month when I get paid oh and if I don’t like it will you take it back off me....
    That’s why I hate selling vehicles privately lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nevermind all that, can it wheelie?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. what's the lowest price mate? o_O

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. You tried Facebook market place, didn’t you ;)

Imho stick a ‘swap plus cash for standard parts’ ad on here and maybe Ducati FB pages for your ktech and stick it back to standard and sell :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ha ha ha I’m not on face book or Twitter or anything like that lol
    I had it on eBay and auto trader.
    I rather shit in my hands and clap than be on Facebook :scream:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The effect wouldn’t be any worse ;) lol

• Funny Funny x 1