1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Stolen - Derby

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Jolley, Nov 14, 2016.

1. A friend's 1199 (reg KV63ZYU) was stolen from outside DW Gym and Powerplay, Pride Park Derby this evening (Monday 14 November) between 1730 and 1900. It was loaded into a white van, so if you see a Red Panigale being unloaded from a White van, be suspicious and report it for us.
    IMG_2766.JPG

2. B@stards

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Douglas has posted some great trip logs on here, and never shy from putting some big miles on his Ducatis. Hope they find the scumbags who did it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sadly, while the chances of being caught are almost zero and the punitive penalty received in the unlikely event of being caught is a slap on the wrist, these things will continue to happen.

When will a substantial jail term begin to be handed down for this type of thing? You will be handed a higher penalty for upsetting a minority on FaceTube these days. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Tracker fitted?

6. Its getting to the point where I'm scared to ride it anywhere where I won't be able to see it at all times.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Assholes. I literally wouldn't leave the Panigale unattended anywhere around or near London. Even outside of London I very rarely do so. It's a nightmare because you can't use any nice bike for normal transport.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fortunately I don't have to use my for anything other than a ride. My 959 was left outside of hotels on the way to and at Assen for the GP, but I wouldn't leave it outside overnight anywhere in the U.K., which is a very sad state of affairs. Unfortunately it is all too easy and (currently) isn't a massive priority for the Police or manufacturers. I imagine the insurers are going to have to be the ones to lead the charge, but in the meantime my 1299 will definitely be getting a tracker. Not just to get it recovered, but to hopefully take a couple of the scumbags off the street for a bit and make them known to the police.

9. Wow that's a really busy place and gets plenty of foot traffic, i presume they got the van on cctv ? im not sure if the car park has cctv but I'm sure there's cameras outside the DC grounds .

I no this is common down sarf but Derby ! It's not normally the case in Derby apart from the Scroots trying to twoc Enduro bikes.

10. Assuming it's parked there regularly, so may have been planned as opposed to opportunist. Interested as to whether it had steering lock activated and any disc locks etc?

11. I wish these people a long and painful demise.

• Like Like x 1
  12. You do wonder. Couple of fellas throwing a bike in the back of a van and no one bats an eyelid.

But then, what would you do? Do you stop and ask if it's theirs? They say 'yeah mate, Ducati in it, broken down' do you throw the batman cape on and wade in?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I know DW by me has ANPR cameras for parking, so maybe worth a shout (I got a phoney parking ticket from ParkingEye for parking at the gym I pay not unsubstantial amount of money to - but that's a different story).

good luck to your mate in getting it found and the scum found and who did it.

Pete

14. No CCTV in car park. The manager had reported the van to the police before he knew about the bike being stolen, on account of it acting suspiciously. I think the manager has also offered to see if there is any surrounding CCTV coverage....

You assume wrongly. He had only parked it there twice in the past year.

15. firstly , having had a bike stolen , long time go now , i can sympathise with your friend and hope he has a quick and suitable ins pay out, ( even if it will cost him somewhat in the future re. his no claims ).
    secondly,, ( would be good if in this instance if the manager managed to get the reg no, ) what to do with these scroats if / when they do get cought,, obv the threat of whatever sentence they will get / ( chance of being cought ) is not sufficient so a practical deterent is required,, some thing that will make them think twice about their actions,, some sort of public retribution, something which is going to expose them to their peers , something which will hit their pockets, their pride , their standing in their community,
    obv the first thing to do is relieve them of their beloved white transit, i wont advocate a public whipping but maybe a few days in a public stock or tied to a lamp post on a large local road junction in a pink suit or the likes,, ( obv some precautions would have to be in place to avoid thuggerish actions from the type of person who thinks it is ok to kick the shit out of an illegal immigrant in a lorry )

16. The bike has travelled and tells many tales along with the rider I think it's a little more than a bike to Douglas

I'm gutted for him have shared on my Facebook

17. Pikey thieving bastards then?

18. Or maybe the Eastern Europeans, 5 minutes away from the above theft we have the Normanton area, its used to be a Indian/Pakistan society but they have moved out because they can't stand the area and it's now full of jonny foreigners, they drive around Derby in there transits collecting scrap and anything that's not bolted down.

19. That's also a great risk, many bikes have bin already stolen over the years at Assen GP and area.
    I realy hope there comes a moment when I capture someone who is trying to steal my bike...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information