1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1199 Termis For Sale

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Red899, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Thanks to lukefrs who won't even do me the courtesy of a reply, I have a set of these for sale that DO NOT fit an 899.

They're 1199 cans and they're yours for what I paid for them. £600 + p&p or collection from Essex area.

Again, I stress these don't fit an 899 and what's in the picture is all I have i.e., they dont don't come with the up map dongle. Will need a custom map etc..

Cheers

IMG_4365.JPG

#1 Red899, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Those cans will fit both the 899 and 1199. The Y piece you've got doesn't look right for an 899/1199 should look like this . Yours seems to have flanges on the end of the connector pipes, I'm pretty sure that Y piece belongs to the newer Termignoni carbon cans with the front exit outlets and not those cans.
    IMG_0332.JPG

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks big m
    I took them to race engineering at great dunmow last week and he told me they don't fit.
    This is what he said;

There's no elbow slip joint
    No rear bracket
    The front bracket doesn't match the mounting points
    No springs
    No heatproof washers for carbon parts

4. Luke advised me to buy that y piece bless him
    He's pretty shit at all this it would seem

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Any idea where someone can get one of them if they want to fit it to their 1199?

6. Anyone got any idea if this Y piece would mate these 1199 termis to the stock titanium system on the 2016 1199R ? thought it was worth asking.

7. Are those cans reparto corse cans ?, I know Luke has some exotic parts, if they are they could be a right can of worms, my only suggestion would be to get the full system headers and link pipe then they may work or get the reparto corse headers but they take a lot of fitting , I believe you cannot run the cooling fan, then again I could be talking bollox. Royals you would need the full Termi system headers to run them cans.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Cheers Simmy I figured that would probably be the case. I refuse to spend £2500 on end cans to open up the R!

9. Think Big M is right, I have the front end Termi

I have one of those pipes that came with the front exit Termi's, It wasn't needed to fit them so I have a brand new one.... I think it has a 1299 stamp on it though (would need to check)... but when MR fitted them they just said it fitted straight on to the normal headers so it's a spare...

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Just realised how completely unhelpful and crap my post was.... (that's what happens when you keep getting interrupted at work when posting..)

Essentially I think BIG M is correct re: that Y Pipe as I have a spare one that cam with the Carbon Front Exit Termis... no idea what else it will fit... but if anyone needs it would happily sell it for a small fee as it's just sat in my Garage...

Doesn't help the OP so apologies @Red899.... Hope you get it sported or sold, the seller must surely have arranged to sell it with all the fittings??

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. The termis in question appear to have titanium pipes looking at the blue colour are dp termis the same ? Can't remember what mine were like.

• Thanks Thanks x 1

12. Apparently they are but I quote "they should be an easy job for hyside to fit".

Ive sold them at a loss now along with the loss I made on the 4 hours labour it took them to take the old ones off and put them back on again, the link pipe and the £400 power commander I bought that's also surplus to requirements.

Lesson learned. Be careful of people who just want to palm their shit off on you on here.

Mods feel free to close the thread.

13. Other than not having the correct Y piece I don't see a problem. If they are Reparto Corse end cans then you've probably unwittingly bagged a bargain as they cost a fortune over the standard termis. Find the correct Y piece and mounting brackets (try eBay or on here) tune your power conmander and you're good to go.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Big m maybe you're right who knows as Luke's gone into hiding.

All I know is I took them to hyside then a reputed professional who fits them 7 days a week and he told me they don't fit (see post under your first)

15. Must say I agree with Big M. I've had stuff from Luke and he's a decent guy, I think he works away and doesn't have access to messages all the time. He spends a fortune on parts and I wouldn't be surprised if I saw these going for at least double what you are selling them for here. It looks like Luke has sold them cheap to get rid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I'll be honest I'm half tempted to snap these up and take my chances that there worth more than what you're selling them for but that would be a shitty thing to do at your expense. If I was you I'd take them somewhere else and get a second opinion just for piece of mind. Sometimes people who appear to know everything actually don't

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1

17. Perhaps if he answers my messages when he logs on (which he has been) I wouldn't be wasting everyone else's time as well as my own with all this and it might not look like he was trying to palm them off on the nearest person.
    I'm not sure I could have been any clearer when I said I'd like to fit these for cheaper than £960.
    When you start suggesting 2 grand headers surely the penny begins to drop they're not suitable anyway.
    Hey ho. Hopefully they'll fit the lads bike who's coming round to buy them later.:)

18. So am I closing this thread?

19. If it was me I would want to be putting these side by side with another set of Termi's and seeing the actual difference between the cans.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information