1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 1199s '13 Engine Unwilling

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by yelworc, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Hi.
    Help wanted.
    My love and hated trackbike is nearly not starting,all it can manage is to run very bad on idle. Last october it lost power and stopped,i had to park trackside. It went from 100% to 0 fast,no engine noise or hint of what to come.
    We checked fuel pump,fuel lines,injection and that it was getting petrol. Cleaned fuelfilter,hoses and no crap was found.
    Now at home i try another fuelpump,bike run & sounds even worse,revs up and down at first,then rises to +2000rpm,when i give it throttle the revs stay up and backfires so i had to cut ignition.
    After this first attempt it would not start.
    No error is displayed,disconnected the map sensors and i get a error message so these should be good then ?!
    Spark plugs does not have many days on them.
    The engine is oem despite a Termi +300 system with dedicated map by JHP. I bough this here and it have worked perfect the 1,5 year its been on the bike.

2. have you ran a compression test on the motor?

3. No,will do that soon. The pin that holds the injector on the rear throttlebody,rearside was gone when looking into the airbox. I dont know if i forgot to put it back properly,or at all, when i changed the airfilter last time but its been about 11 trackdays since. Gone it is and i really hope its not been sucked down the inlet. Probably not but who knows.

4. oh not a good prognosis,
    a quick comp test will give you a quick and dirty check on the valve sealing

5. Nathan,vertical map sensor it was. I didnt think it could be running that bad when its out but apparently.

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information