1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 1199s Neutral

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Richard R, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Just bought an 1199s, low mileage 2012...what a beast, I really love the top end rush!

I can't seem to get N when the engine is running, she jumps straight into 2nd with the slightest pressure. Anyone else noticed the same issue, any tips/tenique required? Will be dropping off at Ducati John for a service, so he will be able to check it out if it isn't normal.

Cheers,
    Rich.

2. At a standstill, all of ours are a pain in the arse to find 'N'. Many others also find this too.

Select 'N' when coasting up to the junction or lights and you'll find it without any problems... Welcome to the world of ducati :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rock the bike backwards & forwards to make it easier

4. Clutch might need bleeding

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Cool, cheers.. Well worth a few oddities for that noise! Would never go back to a Japanese bike.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Will be getting a BFC with the service, so that could help.

7. For some reason, chain tension helps. Having it correctly tensioned that is. Although there are probably other reasons too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. That is definately a job that needs doing!

9. I never had a problem with finding N, works just fine for me. but just checked my chain and looks really slack . should it be like that? single sided arms should have a lot loose chain I've heard? mine travel up down quite a bit thou

10. chains on panigales are some of the loosest, 50mm at the marker point I think. Cant say neutral is difficult on mine, but it is worth adjusting the gear lever, which makes a big difference for selection.

11. Bleed the clutch

12. Bleed the clutch

13. Plus one on bleed the clutch, I have had 4 panigales and never found getting into neutral a problem, I do bleed the clutch every month or so and always after the winter lay off , same with the brakes but only twice a year , never known a bike turn the fluid so dirty after a short period of time .

14. Yup, clutch drag- bleed it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information