1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199s Panigale In Limp Mode! Help Please!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by colin robertson, May 23, 2017.

1. Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could offer some advice on an issue with my 2013 1199s panigale. It has just been serviced and also had a full termignoni exhaust system fitted with the upmap. (racing evo shows on start up).
    It's run great since the service and full system was fitted on Saturday but this afternoon I started it up and the engine message and light has come on and it wont rev over 5000rpm.
    Any advice would be great!

Many thanks!

2. One more point to note, the bike did get a soaking on the way back from the serivice in a dreadful downpour.

3. BBS connector under the seat is a common suspect after downpours. Worth giving it a clean and re connect.

4. Thanks a lot! Will give that a go, also just realised the rear tire pressure is very low, must have a puncture, not sure if this could cause it?!

5. Same problem with my 1199 Panigale s..I turned it off and turned it back on, and BOOM....CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. The bike wont rev past 5000. Did you find a cause.

6. Hi, it turned out to be the map sensor on mine, there's a horizontal and vertical one, both went within a couple of months of eachother. Theyre easy to replace and the dealer normally has a few in stock, it's quite common I believe. If you plug it into a diagnostic reader it should tell you which one has gone! Good luck!

7. Thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information