1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199s Tricolore Or 1299s?????

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by tcrofty7, Apr 20, 2020.

1. So I’m now at a stage in my life where I can finally afford to purchase a Ducati. I loved the look and sound of the Ducati’s for as long as I can remember and I’m really excited about owning one of my own.

My quandary is, do I go for an 1199s Tricolore or a 1299s (standard red). I really like the tricolore colour scheme, however they are expensive, the same price as a 1299s that's 4 years younger. I have done some reading up (not a lot but some) on the differences between the 1199s and 1299s and on the face of it there does not seem to a great deal.

What are your opinions? Is the 1299s that much better? I do like the sound of the auto blipper and clutchless downshift.

Decisions, decisions.....

2. This is what i currently own. A great italian bike with lots of features and is as nice to look at as it is to ride!!

As you can see i like colourful bikes.

20190907_184837.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. Welcome dude - follow your heart and get the Tricolore :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. 1299 has Corner ABS, Wheelie control and blipper. but it has the more modern data sets, and can be upgraded to EVO maping and the 1199 cant. (not sure if thats an issue etc)
    for the road or track?

5. Hi & welcome. 1299 with a fancy wrap. Job done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome to the forum, beware of the natives :upyeah: Although I have ridden neither, in conversation, it would seem for some, the 1299 is a more comfortable bike to ride and slightly better mannered. Whatever your choice, I hope you enjoy. Andy

7. It's for the road mate

8. Cheers. I'm 60/40 in favour of the tricolore at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hi, I have this issue with wraps like I do stickers. I'm not a fan. If it was a red 1299s then I'd have to the wheels changed from black to gold.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks. I'd probably not even notice the difference

11. Why?

12. The newer bike will undoubtedly be better. :thinkingface:

I'd go for the Tricolore. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I owned the 1199 and think the 1299 is a better bike, I also don’t like the tricolore paint scheme, but that’s just me.
    But at the end of the day it’s whatever your happier with :upyeah:

14. My thoughts exactly. I think it's the money that's bothering me. Why are the 1199s roughly the same price ad the 1299s?

15. I've not ridden either bikes and it's unlikely I will do. What's the difference in the two in your opinion?

16. If you are paying a premium, somebody will have to in a few years if you sell. The Tricolore will be more collectable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tricolour will holds its value more, but buy the one you really want, try and get a test on both, then decide. I had an 1199, but preffered the 1198, so that's what I have now. Horses for courses

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Yeah, get an 1198. :innocent:

19. I’ve got a Tricoloure and love the paint scheme.
    You don’t see too many about and it’s nice to have something that not everyone has got.
    Haven’t ridden a 1299, but apparently the 1199 is more raw, elements which they dialled out in the 1299.
    If you get one at the right price they shouldn’t fall in value which may not be the same said for a 1299.
    Do you really need anti wheelie, etc etc, probably not, or do you need the extra 10bhp that the 1299 gives as the 1199 is all of a road bike you will ever need, you won’t leave it in race mode for long o_O.

Good luck with your search.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information