1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 1199s > V4s

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Gav4R, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Hey Guys,

Anyone gone from an 1199s to a V4s? I'm aware it's a completely different engine and setup, I'm wondering if anyone has regretted moving to the V4 from the Twin?

If you have made the swap what have you found to be the pro's and con's

Look forward to reading your views and opinions before I finally come to a decision.

Thanks
    Gav

2. I'll follow this with interest

• Like Like x 1
  3. I went from a V4s (2018) to a Panigale R.
    The twin is just better suited to me physically being narrower at the front of the seat. Also a Pani R v’s a V4s? The V4’s are like clitoris’ (you know the rest) whereas a Pani R is a homologation special.
    Performance wise V4s wins - but only just. V4 very complex. V2 not as.
    The older bike is also much prettier IMO. And it will depreciate less.
    I was at my dealers this morning on mine. I can honestly say there was not a single bike in the showroom I would have swapped it for. The only exception would be an SL and that simply ain’t going to happen.
    8FC3ADA2-F102-4B26-86D9-BD7F9A739BEE.jpeg

#3 Expat Jack, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. @DRR117 has been around the block with these I think. Might be able to provide some insight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Thanks for the info, bike looks stunning! So the option could be to swap out the 1199s for the Panigale R!

80EF7204-F407-43C1-9D3E-37D8894A6057.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. So the V2 is more suited for those shorter in stature...
    Homologation for racing? The Panigale was hardly one of the most successful Ducatis ever.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I cant stand that shock on the side and they dumped it.
    Im in the V4 camp... prettier more power better electronics package gorgeous sound track.... I wouldn't go for the S though the electronic suspension does nothing for me on a sports bike..

• Like Like x 4
  7. You’re a funny guy. ;)
    True the narrow seat makes it easier for us shorties. But, the narrowness of the twin makes (IMO) it feel more flickable. The V4s are undeniably brilliant but I would wager you are in a very small camp saying it’s prettier than the twin. The twins are hardly crap are they. And the R is a homologation bike as you well know, regardless of track success (bit like the v4R - apart from SR on BSB of course).
    I also would wager that there are very few (a minuscule) number who could get close to the limits of either bike. I certainly can’t.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The side shock looks ace. The V4 looks like a honda. Ner. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I went from a 1098R (1198cc) to a V4S. The V4 is a very different bike which is not surprising given the 10 years of development that separates the two bikes. Not ridden the 1199 and never had the desire to. IMO, both the Panigale R and the V4S make no sense as road bikes. For me, the V4 is a better track bike than the 1098R. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. I had no idea you needed to rub and lick a V4 pre ride in order for it to really go to the limit. Thanks!

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Does the V4 have the same initial throttle slack as the twin. That and having to short shift at the top end, are a couple of reasons I may go back to a BMW or Suzuki thou.

12. WAKE UP, MAN!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I went from a 1098R to a V4S. Always felt the 1098R had all the Panigale twins covered. The V4S is indeed next level in terms of technology and performance.

The V4 Panigale is a fucking fast bike.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I’ve went from the 999, to the 1299S, to the 899, back to the 1299…. Then onto the V4 and now onto a 1199S :joy: in the past 4 years or so

all from a track perspective as I buy them to track.

the 1299 is an animal, and more refined than the 1199 which is quite lairy and a lot harder work than the V4.

the V4 is an incredible machine, I sold my simply because I was moving and needed to “downsize” and free up some cash, but the V4 is for me, a far superior machine. It’s the natural progression of Ducati’s flagship superbike, the electronics are sublime, the engine is rampant, the brakes on the new stylema caliper have incredible stopping power and very little fade. The ABS isn’t intrusive (although I have had it let the brake off once diving into a corner which was unsettling :)) and you can slap the Winged fairings on the older model with ease. I love a wing :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

if money was no object, V4 all day long. I too would opt for the base model and upgrade the suspension (I went Mupo :)) I love all the Ducati superbikes and would happily push any around a track. I love the V twin superbikes and my 1199s is a very well cared for ex forum members bike (in fact he bought it off a forum member aswell so it has some forum heritage. :)

in summary, both great bikes, all subjective as to what you like and what makes you feel good. Personally the V4 is a ‘better’ package but it’s more money. And fun can be had on any Ducati :)

and now for some gratuitous showboating shots…. Blame @JamieW for these as he tagged me

ducati 1299 (base model) now with @bradders :)
    82F756C2-02C2-41AC-8C89-B59B003272FB.jpeg
    88658233-17ED-47A3-90C3-53FBF2C45C67.jpeg

The Panigale V4 2018 (base model) now with @kartman :)
    483446F3-5885-4779-BCB9-0F426983C8A6.jpeg
    5D234A35-064F-4A90-A99F-D14CDC1B47A9.jpeg

My new to me, Ducati 1199S (just got it off @kartman :)) only done one evening at donny so haven’t got loads of pics yet :joy:
    71F9EA0E-850B-4C8A-8035-6275A545FD48.jpeg

#14 DRR117, Sep 23, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  15. Can’t be true mate. These 1299’s are slow. Dog slow. Pauly said so :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. You seem to be disconnected from reality.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. With the performance you describe, I won’t be disconnected for long :p :joy::joy::joy:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. :joy:! Got to get your money's worth if your paying a personal photographer I suppose.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. WTF are you are on about?

• Funny Funny x 1

20. I'm sorry but the V4 not as pretty as the 1199. I think the 1199 is the best looking of the Panigale's sharp aggressive looks. Only V4 I'd buy would be RSV4.. and not the new model, most likely a 2019 model before they put wanky electronic suspension on.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information