1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11th May 2013 Boxhill monthly Meet!

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by PhilB, May 10, 2013.

1. Hi All,
    I do hope your all well, Tomorrow (11th May) is the 2nd Sat of the month, which as most of you know is a regular gettogether date for the Ducatisti South East folk to meet up at Ryka's Cafe Car Park at the foot of Boxhill, Dorking, Surrey, on the A24.
    Pending on the weather I'm gonna look at getting there bout 10:30ish, and if it is dry it would be great to see some familiar faces and of course meet some new ones!
    If your out and about in the area, do pop by and say hello :upyeah:

Cheers

PhilB

2. will be there Phil - and apparently Petrochelle also? - revised meet time :- 11 a.m. - ish

3. I'm just having a word with myself now!

Yep, I'm coming, see you there about 11:15ish

4. Its nice to see some of you still know how to switch on your pc or smart thingy!
    The sun is shining here at Boxhill 11:07am :)

5. Sorry Phil, cannot make it today as I have the children and the wife has gone away on a girlie weekend. Have fun and enjoy the weather while I paint the porch!!!!:upyeah:

6. Good to catch up - post up that picture Phil ! :)

7. Good ride up to Box, then ride to Bury Hill with Phil, we were just saying how it's good to ride in the rain every now and again. I Think Phil got his wish!

8. I'm back!!!:biggrin:

Errm, but not at Boxhill today as I thought.........:frown:

8.30am - can't find my boots
    9.00am - can't find my boots or gloves, house a bombsite!
    9.30am - rode to MOT place in my jeans, CAT boots and everyday jacket (yes finally too fat to fit in my separates leathers, still no boots but found gloves)
    10.15am - bike fails MOT.........WTF:eek: - nothing changed from last year but now they don't like my LED rear light and indicators......
    10.30am - get home to try to find my boots and clear up house before my lady finds out
    1pm - finally found my boots (and a rather nice RX-7 black Arai I forgot I had) DAMNIT what a cock up of a morning

So sorry I didn't make it guys :mad: was really looking forward to catching up with y'all as it has been ages!

In my defence we moved recently and the house is still a sea of boxes lol!

Next time for sure :upyeah: and any inbetween rides/meets etc please let me know!

Cheers

Pedro :tongue:

9. having considering the full content of the evidence for the defence as listed above, I can heartily endorse the plea of 'Not Guilty' and thoroughly look forward to the next time the Pedro is in the vicinity.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Why thank you Good Sir:biggrin:

Hey Chris, how the devil are ya?!

Been awhile eh....even missed Brooklands Auto Italia - simply not on I know......

Should have the bike MOT by end of next week as got to figure out how to wire two aftermarket little indicators into the plug/loom thingy at the back of the light then hopefully good to go (and then take em off after!) ggrrrrrr!!

11. I'm ok Peter but have been forced to recognise my age just lately :) Sorry to hear about your MOT blues - is it run by different people or something or should we all get ready for a tightening up of regulations re: indicators I wonder? A friendly MOT-er might insist you produce the type-approved/legal size offending item from your rucksack etc but seems harsh to expect you to fit them..
    Hope you are well also - Next time :)

12. A little rain I don't mind! You would'nt believe what I have just ridden through!:-( Anyway bike is all clean again I've had a nice hot bath,leathers hanging up, drip dry process and ELO are playing on the ipod 'Mr Blue Sky'
    Anyway how about Chris's photo skills!
    Two old buggers on a picnic bench eh!

2013-05-11 11.56.19.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. About average age for a Ducati owner I reckon:biggrin:

14. I am REALLY liking that picture and it is a happy memory of our meeting up today - cheered me up massively :upyeah:

15. I saw those two on a wanted poster somewhere :-D

• Like Like x 1
  16. ouch That hurt, Ducbird! Only joking :wink:

17. Was it for ' Britain's got talent?'

18. DSCN0594.jpg Wanted................................... New Top gear presenter to take over from Willaim Woolard!!!!

DSCN0594.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Hopefully there be one more old fella at box hill next month now the rugby season has finished

20. "And of course this is the fast back version with a flappy paddle doodarr!"

Do Not Sell My Personal Information