1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 1200 Dvt Sports Touring Idea.

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by BigAlan, Dec 24, 2020.

1. In another post I have been praising the Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX Performance Touring new for 2021 and how a friend has an earlier one, possible consideration now I am old.

So i have a July 16 DVT with 12k miles, white with red wheels, usual standard stuff panniers and electronics gadgets plus a load of extras which as we know don’t add that much onto a used bike.

All present and correct, well looked after and it’s not coming out anytime in this weather, what could I expect from a dealer as a trade in? I ask as if I want one of these Ninja jobs when I can get a go on one I need to start dropping hints and suchlike with her indoors (she hates bikes) as to the reasoning I need to change.

Thanks

2. I chopped mine in, 2015 dvt white S 2 years ago and got offered 8 by Ducati dealer (!) and nearly 9k by bmw. Less than 12k miles, loaded up. So on that basis probably similar for yours, maybe but less as mine was just over 3 yrs old and yours is 4

3. I was not going to onyerbike as they are both a Kawasaki and Ducati dealer, if anything straight to a Kawasaki dealer, hopefully they would be more generous.

4. If you really want an indication throw your details in we buy any bike.

5. I did, there having a laugh. £5250 at that price no matter how much I liked the Ninja I would keep the Duc.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ducati dealer probably about same. It’s it a as or standard? Mine was an S.

It’s what amuses me when I see these private bikes for sale at dealer prices. Then they get pissed off when you offer a grand or more less ;)

Btw I stuck mine on here at Px price and got no takers...they don’t like a bargain on this forum ;)

7. Mine is a Sport Touring, panniers etc, for the right price I would leave the top box and goodies on but I suspect I will be removing all which I added to recoup a little back.

8. Ok so same as mine, as a touring the top box and tank bag went with the bike, but panniers I sold separately. Plus I had arrow can and a few other bits n bobs. It was up in local used dealer for 10500 iirc.
    Good luck :upyeah:

9. Standard equipment is the panniers, centre stand etc, I had to pay extra for the top box and mounting bracket, somewhere around the £500 mark if I remember correct, the inner bags were extra.

I keep walking past it in the garage sat on the carpet with a dust sheet over it thinking shall I go for a ride, then when I open the door I think no, I will go play golf instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 6 months ago, I was looking to part-ex my 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere. I went to a few dealers and they offered me between £6k and £7250. The £7250 was at a BMW dealer against a 2018 S1000XR but then they added £1k to the price of the XR!!!! So I told them what I thought of them and walked away. Anyway, I contacted We Buy Any Bike and they immediately offered £7500 without seeing my bike. I kind thought it was too good to be true but they said that was the price. Long story short, I kept my Super Tenere at least for the time being but they may be worth a call.
    https://www.wewantyourmotorbike.com...N9pQrCQlrFLeLf9GEfEAK119bcIoNsOIaAqkrEALw_wcB

11. Hahaha exactly the same with my monster right now

12. Funnily enough we buy any bike sent me another offer this morning, £6150 which is a heck of an improvement on last time, mind you there still having a laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cor blimey we buy any bike have sent yet another email, big bold writing this offer is valid for three days and our improved offer is now £6550

if I keep on going you never know what I might get, perhaps some wotsits thrown in as well.

14. They must have a buyer lined up :p

15. if they have there still not getting it.

16. So how much will you take for it?

17. Not sure yet, I want to sit and possibly have a ride on the SX, talk to the dealer and see what it costs to change as that’s the figure I most need. At that point (prob) Late Feb March if we’re allowed to actually get on the bike I shall make my mind up on both if I want the new one, and if so what I want for mine.

Even if someone came along with silly money I don’t think I would sell it as we all know these are great bikes and if it ended up me not liking the SX I would be stuffed.

18. Might take you a while to get acclimatised to the Ninja Alan,..every time I swap from my Panigale onto the Ninja I think “ shit this is quiet and really smooth “...for a while it feels totally alien to the Ducati, they are totally different animals, polar opposites of each other..
    I was initially worried that I wouldn’t click with the Ninja as I’d been on big twins for the last 9 years, but surprised myself by getting on really well with it.
    Just be aware it will feel vastly different to the Multi, P.M. me if you have any questions on it.

19. Many thanks for you words, I have come from 4 cylinder bikes all my life, the last being the Kawasaki 1400 GTR which was silky smooth and hopping onto the Ducati was a big eye opener, took me quite some time to work things out plus the riding modes etc, ended up leaving it in touring mode full time.

Love the twin, love what I have added to it, but looking at the Ninja I like the look of it and after a few years we all like to look possibly change, that’s where I am right now, I would not be upset to keep the twin and continue but the itch has to be scratched one way or the other.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bolt some more bits to it. Plenty of nice accessories to make it feel / look a bit different / special. :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information