1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Purchase

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Cmr17, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Recently sold my 1199r beautiful bike but absolute pain to ride on the road well it was at my age was looking at new v4 s street fighter had demo lovely looking bike but just didn’t jell with it don’t know why maybe it was just to dame good electronic wise so couldn’t justify £26k with pipe even tho its a Ducati never looked at 1200r before but couldn’t stop looking at this one in the shop 17 6k miles mint condition so just bought it not even been on one or test rode. Had my first ride on it today wow what a bike feels so light and the stomp its got especially 3rd 4 gear is crazy lifts the front wheel at every crest I didn’t think no quickshifter would be a problem but it definitely needs one and the dash is hard to see in daylight but other than that absolutely love it C5935F00-421E-4A6A-B74B-5751520DAB82.jpeg 450DFF06-06DB-4569-A495-5BA2238F4E07.jpeg

• Like Like x 14
  2. Dash backlight, day/night choice, page 164 in the Owner’s handbook. Enjoy your new ride. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Congratulations, lovely machine.

4. Had my monster for 16 months, great bike but sold it to buy my V2s Multistrada, a lot more comfy for me now I'm dipping a toe into the touring world.

5. Loving my 1200r even more fun than the hyper 939sp

6. I’ve said it before, the 1200R absolutely rocks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Great choice, absolutely love mine :upyeah:

8. Exactly what happenend to me.
    Stumbled across one already sold when visiting the dealers.
    The search for one began that day.
    On a side note.
    Anyone know of a product that can bring the hoses back to black instead of a dull greyish colour?

9. I used to use Black Trim Wax on the multi,
    There’s plenty to choose from on the market

10. Thanks.
    Will have a look around.

11. Peanut butter!!

12. I had one of these and i loved it. The dash is imposible to see in sunlight and gear changing can be a bit clunky at times. I don't think the monsters like QS so you'll have to get used to manual shifts. I eventually sold mine because of the wind buffeting, but i was riding it too fast all the time!!

13. Glad you're enjoying the new toy, the Monster 1200R is still in my opinion one of the best road bikes ever made, a brilliant balance of power and poise with masses of usability for virtually any situation!:cool:
    Cheers,
    Jon

14. this works well on the faded hoses, also good on wellie boots!
    https://eshop.wurth.co.uk/Product-c...pray/31083007030502.cyid/3108.cgid/en/GB/GBP/

15. None in the house unfortunately.
    Will marmite do;)

16. Just use silicone spray ,brings them up lovely ,also you can use it on electrics, cables ,black plastic etc ,once sprayed it keeps them looking good .

17. Great looking bike:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information