1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro 1200 To 1260 Enduro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Having test ridden the V4S a few weeks back I didnt really feel the love. Not enough to splash over 20k on one anyway.

So since my 1200 enduro extended warranty ran out the end of June I was casually looking for a new unreg'd 1260, S or Enduro. After a tip off from a mate I picked up a new 1260 enduro at the weekend :cool:

I had a bunch of stuff on the 1200 that I hoped would simply swap over, and for the most part, it has.
    • Top box mounting hardware
    • Pannier mounting brackets
    • sat nav mount
    • keyless fuel filler
    • ducati tank bag ring/mount
    • crash bars
    • evotech oil and water rad guards
    When it came to the heated grips though, they are different :pensive:
    The left grip is just the same, and the connectors are too, but the throttle assembly itself on the 1260 is different. You can't even just swap the twist grip tube over as the bit that fits into the position sensor is totally different. So time to order some 1260 ones and I have some 1200 ones going spare now.

If anyone else has a 1200 and thinking of changing to a 1260, the things most apparent are the bars are lower (no extra risers), the short shifter is great, and the display has been cleaned up a bit. Otherwise it doesnt feel that much different :)

White one out, Red one in :cool:
    20210717_132507.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Enjoy'

• Like Like x 1
  3. lokks great

4. :upyeah:
    I think that's a great move. Especially if you can port most of your previous accessories.
    Moreover, the low-end torque of the 1260 V2 will serve you better off-road than a V4.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If any one is interested I have an SW Motech topbox bracket that fits the 1260/Enduro and 950, also Evotech rad guards and a keyles fuel cap. PM me for pics or details.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information