1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200r Alternative Tyre Option

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Oly, Feb 11, 2017.

1. What are he best alternatives to the super corsas. i want a tyre that will operate well in damp/wet conditions and cooler temperatures.

2. I found the supercorsas ok in cold and damp conditions, just took a little longer to get any heat in them

3. Visit the manufacturers' web sites. Both the Pirelli and Metzeler sites have some useful information so I guess Bridgestone and Michelin will be the same. There is a recommended Metzeler which if my ffffing IPad fffffing worked, I'd be able to tell you what it is. Have a search on here, tyre talk is a perennial subject. Andy

4. Metzeler M7RR.

Search on here and you will have a lot of comments and reviews.

5. I didn't like Metzeler M7RR - felt skittish and lacked feel. Diablo Rosso 3's will be going on my Monster 1200R when the Corsas are done.

You see: Tyre choice, a very personal preference...

6. Personal preference or all in the mind? :p

7. <sigh> Yes - all in the mind.

8. I raced on old diablos. They were shit. It wasn't in the brain ;)

Michelin PR4s provide decentbdry and top end wet performance and cold isn't a problem. Get 8k from front and 4K rear on my multi :upyeah:

9. I have the new Rosso 3's on the 996. Really like them. Only done 300 odd miles so far though.

10. It's all in your head.

11. Yeah, but it's not though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. I've got a set of these on my M12R - mighty fine.... Conti Sport Attack III's

Screen Shot 2017-02-16 at 20.18.38.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Going to try those Contis on my Superduke. Got the Road Attack 3s on the 1190 and they're ace.
    Best thing is they come pre-scrubbed so no chicken strips. Shhh...:eyes:

14. What the have you got on the SDR at the moment?

Getting 2.5k out of the M7RR and would like something that lasts long for my impending Euro trip.

Edit - I think you replied on the KTM forum :D

15. Tyre.jpg
    hope to fit road attack3 on the GS, superb tyres wet or dry.

16. M7RRs at the moment. Typically 2000 from the rear and 4000 from the front.
    I like them and the rear is particularly good at keeping its profile but they both need changing so I thought I'd try the Contis. If you don't try you don't know.

17. I’ve just gone with SuperCorsas again, I’m a fair weather rider and just love ‘em!

18. 100% ...so much so i've just ordered another rear ...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information